Thread: FSSB #3 Beerneuring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 5.12.42 AM.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	10339
    Couldn't sleep so I put the time to good use and put together a map of breweries/brewpubs that seem to be within a day trip. Many of them were already listed for me on http://www.bikeablebrews.com/ There are a lot of them, and I'm pretty sure I missed some. Happy drinking!
    Yup, just looking at that map (tiny, yes, but...), I can tell it needs Laurel's Jailbreak and south Baltimore's Heavy Seas Brewery—no, not the alehouse (which miiight be one of those pins in Bawlmer), but the actual brewery, which is spitting distance from the main bike route between here and the Inner Harbor.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brünø Moore View Post
    Yup, just looking at that map (tiny, yes, but...), I can tell it needs Laurel's Jailbreak and south Baltimore's Heavy Seas Brewery—no, not the alehouse (which miiight be one of those pins in Bawlmer), but the actual brewery, which is spitting distance from the main bike route between here and the Inner Harbor.

This is how I know I will not win this competition

Post Thanks / Like

Bigger! With a few additions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    This is how I know I will not win this competition
    Yup. Some of us bike to Annapolis for a cup of coffee. Others to Mobtown for a beer. Never underestimate the power of quixotic obsessions.

(And, truth be told, the ride up to Baltimore's pretty cool and worth doing if you know the route; just make sure you do it when the breweries are open)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brünø Moore View Post
    Yup. Some of us bike to Annapolis for a cup of coffee. Others to Mobtown for a beer. Never underestimate the power of quixotic obsessions.

(And, truth be told, the ride up to Baltimore's pretty cool and worth doing if you know the route; just make sure you do it when the breweries are open)
    I noticed as I started looking at these that some are only open for 4 hours on a Saturday or something like that. Would suck to roll up and be stymied by a locked door.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to give anyone ideas, but you don't need to ride FROM YOUR HOME or BACK TO YOUR HOME from these beer trips. Conceivably you could drive to [someplace far away] and then bike around to a few breweries, reconnect with your car and drive home. Alternatively, you could bike to Mad Fox, Caboose, Old Ox and Lost Rhino and stumble home via Metro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonRobot View Post
    as a question, does a place like Gordon Biersch count? i know they brew beer at each of their locations, but i'm not sure that a brewery-restaurant is the same thing as a brewery proper.
    I posted an entry last year from GB and it counted, FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    Not to give anyone ideas, but you don't need to ride FROM YOUR HOME or BACK TO YOUR HOME from these beer trips. Conceivably you could drive to [someplace far away] and then bike around to a few breweries, reconnect with your car and drive home. Alternatively, you could bike to Mad Fox, Caboose, Old Ox and Lost Rhino and stumble home via Metro.
    I resemble both the drive there, then bike, and ride there, stumble home on the Metro remark for last year's competition (but alas, like Bruno Moore, got trumped by Team DRocks anyway:-().
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-04-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: It needed an emoji:-)

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    I know there is no mention in the rules of how far you need to ride, but I think there is some sporting minimum distance, maybe the one mile of a sleaze ride? At least to get from home to the place, if not that same day (I am thinking for example if I ride to work on a Wednesday, ride the one block from work to Bluejacket on Thursday, and don't ride home till Friday, I would feel comfortable counting that. Not that I PLAN to ride that little in three days )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    You left off пивна дума (Pivna Duma) which is less than a kilometer from my house, so round trip distance counts, but would be a "sleaze" ride. Has great pig's knuckle to share and four beers supposedly brewed on location. Of course the day trip would include a flight to Kyiv.
    Well if you want some brewpub sleaze rides...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 2.07.09 PM.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	10341

http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries/map
    Last edited by KelOnWheels; 01-04-2016 at 04:12 PM.