Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: June 2021 - Road and Trail Conditions

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default June 2021 - Road and Trail Conditions

Just because it's a new month. FYI, the tourists are back in NYC

Post Thanks / Like

NPS bringing some seriously nice infrastructure improvements to the Mall and surrounding areas. Some disruptions expected but it seems like most work will be done this year.

https://www.nps.gov/nama/learn/manag...ional-mall.htm

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

3. Likes smb9600, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was riding westward on the W&OD early this morning. Soon after I crossed the new bridge, I came to a barrier at Little Falls Street with no indication of a detour. How is one supposed to continue westward?

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

The detour used to be marked, Little Falls to Fairfax Dr/Lincoln St to West St and back on the W&OD

6. Likes ursus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    The detour used to be marked, Little Falls to Fairfax Dr/Lincoln St to West St and back on the W&OD
    Even when the W&OD is open, this is a nice alternative to be familiar with. Since I first learned about Lincoln Ave, I have never returned to the official route (aka the stop sign olympics) through there again except for group rides.

8. Likes Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the heavy rain last night, there were some minor effects on the trails.
    I did an Arlington Loop before 8am, sticking to 4MRT between Shirlington and Glen Carlyn park. Mostly tree litter, a few puddles, mud on the underpasses for West Glebe and Wilson, and flooding on the two usual fords (Carlin Springs and by the Arlington Mill Community Center. There is a tree down on Custis east of the I-66 underpass (just east of the entrance from the pedestrian bridge accessing the trail on the other side of I-66 (this was part of the detour last year). Easy to get over and I am sure that there is someone who could jump it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Even when the W&OD is open, this is a nice alternative to be familiar with. Since I first learned about Lincoln Ave, I have never returned to the official route (aka the stop sign olympics) through there again except for group rides.
    Used this today and will keep using it. Thanks!