You know you’ve been thinking about biking too much when

Our Community Forums General Discussion You know you’ve been thinking about biking too much when

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

Someone posts on Facebook that “visibility is the first step towards equality” and it makes you think about sharing the road, but the post is actually about coming out as transgender.

dasgeh
    Participant

new thread>

Henry
    Keymaster

You ride up next to a cyclist, start up a conversation with them about their belt-driven, 8-speed internal hub Trek, carry on this conversation for several blocks before realizing the rider is a former co-worker from your last job. This happened to me this morning.

jrenaut
    Participant

I look forward to the day when riding your bike in a safe environment and coming out as transgender are things we don’t talk much about because anyone who wants to do either can just do it without extra thought.

brendan
    Participant

@Henry 81131 wrote:

You ride up next to a cyclist, start up a conversation with them about their belt-driven, 8-speed internal hub Trek, carry on this conversation for several blocks before realizing the rider is a former co-worker from your last job. This happened to me this morning.

Helmet blindness. The same kind of thing happens to bike people when they see other bike people in a non-bike, helmet-free context too. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.