WTF: 106 Degrees Tomorrow?!?!?!

Our Community Forums General Discussion WTF: 106 Degrees Tomorrow?!?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Makes me wish I was heading home now. From my admitedly non-scientific point of view, the radar seems to show the worst stuff to be breaking up before it gets to this area, but little pockets are still heading this way, looks like a cell along the Potomac crossing the Beltway.

KelOnWheels
    Participant

Heat index is 109 :P

Maybe I’m glad I’m not ridi… WHAT AM I SAYING?

Greenbelt
    Participant

Some thunderstorms on radar north of DC at 4pm — looks like they might miss us to the north? We’ll see

jabberwocky
    Participant

I actually think I’d rather ride home in a thunderstorm than in the current heat. 😮

consularrider
    Participant

@jabberwocky 25716 wrote:

I actually think I’d rather ride home in a thunderstorm than in the current heat. 😮

Come on, it’s already dropped from 101 to 98! ;) And it does look like I may get home (the first time) wet from only sweat. Not so sure about the 9 pm ride from the Rhodeside PPTC Happy Hour.

creadinger
    Participant

@consularrider 25717 wrote:

Come on, it’s already dropped from 101 to 98! ;) And it does look like I may get home (the first time) wet from only sweat. Not so sure about the 9 pm ride from the Rhodeside PPTC Happy Hour.

Looks like the line drooping down from PA isn’t gonna make it and it lost a lot of strength anyway. Other than some small cells cruising about the area, there isn’t much left to be worried about out there right now.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@jabberwocky 25716 wrote:

You might get to do both.

jabberwocky
    Participant
    shawnofthedread;25719 wrote:
    you might get to do both.

Hooray! :D

hencio
    Participant

Just start pouring here in Georgetown. Hoping it keeps up and the sun stays away, so I don’t have to ride home in the humid rainforest aftermath.

consularrider
    Participant

Just some light stuff across the river in Rosslyn, but sure got dark out there all of a sudden….

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

Could be some T-storms around 6:30 to 7.

dasgeh
    Participant

From my office window, it seems like Tstorms right now in Foggy Bottom.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

That cropped up fast. Hope it doesn’t last long.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

Couldn’t wait it out. Got soaked to the skin in DC, but got to dry out a bit on the MVT. And the temp was nice.

SilverSpring
    Participant

“Hurrah!” I thought as I pedaled up the ramp at about 4:15 headed for home, “NWS was wrong about the storms.”

“Splendid!” I thought, pedaling along up 5th and 6th street in DC, “All of those lightning strikes up ahead will be wonderful for recharging my flux capacitor.”

“Yikes”* I thought, realizing I don’t have a flux capacitor and have been feeling very mortal of late.

“Darn”** I thought, looking desperately for something under which to hide from the looming armageddon.

“What joy!” I thought, finding the Michigan Avenue underpass by Children’s Hospital under which to take refuge.

“I’m glad you’re home safe”*** said my wife, as I rolled in almost an hour late.

*Not, in fact, the precise word that formed when I saw I was about to die
    **Appropriately edited for a family-friendly forum
    ***I didn’t know my Bride could, in fact, swear like a sailor

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.