Wednesday Night Ride Fresh Bikes in Mosaic, Merrifield VA

Our Community Forums Group Rides Wednesday Night Ride Fresh Bikes in Mosaic, Merrifield VA

• This topic has 122 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dcv.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    PeteD
    Participant

Sorry to be in Ottawa and not able to chase the Fast group for him. Need to go rent a bike today and ride in solidarity.

Dirt
    Participant

Today is arguably the best day of the year to ride a bicycle. Temps in the upper 60s, lower 70s. Trust me… you don’t want to miss this one.

The Freshbikes Mosaic ride will have some guests from Boston tonight… some folks from the Best Buddies Foundation will be here doing some work for the ride in October and need a bike ride for the evening. They’ll be joining in.

Please come out and join us! I think this is going to be a lot of fun. I’d love to have a huge group out tonight.

If you have the day off or feel like you’re “coming down with something” I’ll be doing a pre-pre ride at 3pm. Pre-ride is wheels rolling at 4:30. Main event is wheels rolling at 6:30.

Let me know if you have questions.

WE SHOULD GO FOR A BIKE RIDE!

Pete

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

I may ride out for this…given my schedule, I’ll probably have to ride straight there, so I’ll be that one weirdo on a fully-loaded commuter…

Dirt
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 60810 wrote:

I may ride out for this…given my schedule, I’ll probably have to ride straight there, so I’ll be that one weirdo on a fully-loaded commuter…

You can stash your bags behind the counter during the ride if you like. Lots of people do that.

eminva
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 60810 wrote:

Several of us have done that; doesn’t look weird at all. At least not on this ride.

My road bike is in Pete’s box on a truck heading east at the moment, so I won’t be able to make it. Fully loaded commuter is one thing, mountain bike is another. (As dcv observed when he caught me on the commute this morning, I have s-1 problems.)

Have fun!

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

@eminva 60820 wrote:

My road bike is in Pete’s box on a truck heading east at the moment,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDF6qZUX0

I didn’t say that.

Welcome home, Liz!

eminva
    Participant

@Dirt 60821 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDF6qZUX0

I didn’t say that.

Welcome home, Liz!

Okay, let me clarify:

Pete kindly loaned me his bike shipping crate to get my bike out to Oregon and back. I was there last week on vacation.

I sent it home via FedEx and according to their efficient systems, it is now somewhere between Oregon and here.

:)

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

@eminva 60826 wrote:

Okay, let me clarify:

I was just goofing around. :D Didn’t mean to require clarification. :D

I am happy that you’re back though! Skreaminquadz will be back in town tonight too… Likely won’t make it to the ride though.

DaveK
    Participant

@eminva 60820 wrote:

My road bike is in Pete’s box on a truck heading east at the moment, so I won’t be able to make it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

Well, was definitely “that guy” tonight, with the baggy shorts, Brooks saddle, double pannier, and no water bottles (whoops!). But those Fairfax County riders got a real good look at my BA jersey when I dropped them going up Wolf Trap :D

Dirt
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 60946 wrote:

Well, was definitely “that guy” tonight, with the baggy shorts, Brooks saddle, double pannier, and no water bottles (whoops!). But those Fairfax County riders got a real good look at my BA jersey when I dropped them going up Wolf Trap :D

That was awesome having you out there tonight! You rode like a champ! I hope you join us again. That was a fun group.

off2ride
    Participant

Pete B.

Thanks for being the point man at yesterdays FB Mosaic ride. Had a great time.

-VDAY

Dirt
    Participant

@off2ride 61006 wrote:

Pete B.

Thanks for being the point man at yesterdays FB Mosaic ride. Had a great time.

-VDAY

It was great to see you, sir! It has been too long! Rock on, sir!

eminva
    Participant

Happy Wednesday!

Pete is out of town, but the show must go on. We will be having the Freshbikes Mosaic Wednesday Night Ride tonight. Gather at the shop 6-6:15 p.m. and we will pull out promptly at 6:30 p.m. We will follow our regular route through Vienna with a pace group available for anyone. This is a no drop ride.

The pre-ride will NOT be held this afternoon. Thank you for your patience.

The weather could not be any more perfect. Hope to see you there!

Liz

off2ride
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. I just emailed Pete B. to confirm. C ya later.

@eminva 62983 wrote:

Happy Wednesday!

Pete is out of town, but the show much go on. We will be having the Freshbikes Mosaic Wednesday Night Ride tonight. Gather at the shop 6-6:15 p.m. and we will pull out promptly at 6:30 p.m. We will follow our regular route through Vienna with a pace group available for anyone. This is a no drop ride.

The pre-ride will NOT be held this afternoon. Thank you for your patience.

The weather could not be any more perfect. Hope to see you there!

Liz

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.