Team 18’s Merry Band of Idiots

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Team 18’s Merry Band of Idiots

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

@kwarkentien 153276 wrote:

All,
    Please see my post on Unholy Alliances for a ride tomorrow from Port City Brewing Company. Nice 10ish mile ride in Eisenhower Valley area with a fair share on Holmes Run Trail. Meet at Port City by 10:45 (Wheeler Avenue, Alexandria). Hope to see you there.

Chief Idiot

I added it to the Official-ish Calendar. I encourage others to add events and rides to the calendar, since it’s visible on the FS website.

kwarkentien
    Participant

@Steve O 153277 wrote:

I added it to the Official-ish Calendar. I encourage others to add events and rides to the calendar, since it’s visible on the FS website.

Thanks Steve O!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobCochran
    Participant

I apologize for not being out there and riding recently. I’ve been sick with a really bad upper respiratory infection for several days now. I’ll be able to ride some time later in the week — I hope.

Thanks

Bob

Dirt
    Participant

@BobCochran 153313 wrote:

I apologize for not being out there and riding recently. I’ve been sick with a really bad upper respiratory infection for several days now. I’ll be able to ride some time later in the week — I hope.

Thanks

Bob

No worries, sir! Freezing saddles goes for months. Your health is WAY more important. When you’re feeling better, start back slowly and consistently. Your contributions have already helped us move up the leaderboard! They are a huge help! Rest is your friend!

On another note… It was kinda interesting today that we spent a few hours in a tie for 6th place. We later pulled ahead a little, but it was kinda cool that we had a points tie.

AlanA
    Participant

@Dirt 153561 wrote:

No worries, sir! Freezing saddles goes for months. Your health is WAY more important. When you’re feeling better, start back slowly and consistently. Your contributions have already helped us move up the leaderboard! They are a huge help! Rest is your friend!

On another note… It was kinda interesting today that we spent a few hours in a tie for 6th place. We later pulled ahead a little, but it was kinda cool that we had a points tie.

I agree, don’t do something stupid just to log in some miles for a mildly amusing challenge! I’m happy as long as we put up a decent fight. I think we’re putting in a pretty decent showing considering we don’t have any total nutjobs on our team.

It’s sort of like computers. Nobody needs the top of the line, best, most expensive ones. It usually the ones a bit below those that are usually the best! And I think that’s where we are right now. We are the team for savvy bargain shoppers who want a great value.

I’m quite confident that we’ll finish around 4th or 5th. And while I will never have a prayer for total miles, I will do our best to get our team to #1 in elevation!

Hopefully we can try to organize a team ride one of these days so that we all get a chance to say hi.

BobCochran
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I’m still sick, I’ll see how I feel over the weekend.

Bob

BobCochran
    Participant

I notice that the Team 18 members on freezingsaddles.com show 11 members, and I’m not listed there (no miles until today, actually.) Was I replaced by someone else?

I’m a bit confused…

Thanks a ton

Bob

BobCochran
    Participant

@BobCochran 153856 wrote:

I notice that the Team 18 members on freezingsaddles.com show 11 members, and I’m not listed there (no miles until today, actually.) Was I replaced by someone else?

I’m a bit confused…

Thanks a ton

Bob

Hmmm, I show up as a team member on Strava (one of 12 members) but not on freezingsaddles.com where it shows the teams and team members. I’m sure that will change when freezingsaddles.com “refreshes”. I had thought teams were limited to 11 members each. Anyhow, I did 20 miles today to help you folks out. Not too bad for someone recovering from bronchitis. I might be sorry later on today…but it was fun!

Thanks

Bob

Sunyata
    Participant

@BobCochran 153857 wrote:

Hmmm, I show up as a team member on Strava (one of 12 members) but not on freezingsaddles.com where it shows the teams and team members. I’m sure that will change when freezingsaddles.com “refreshes”. I had thought teams were limited to 11 members each. Anyhow, I did 20 miles today to help you folks out. Not too bad for someone recovering from bronchitis. I might be sorry later on today…but it was fun!

Thanks

Bob

Looks like their original member showed up. Since this person has already authorized the Freezing Saddles site to read their Strava data (and you have not), they are showing up on the scoreboard.

And yes, teams are limited to 11 members, so someone from Team 18 is going to be booted (probably you, Bob, since you are not showing up on the leader board).

I have a great solution to this. Team 19 is getting ready to lose a teammate due to military deployment. So, I propose that BobCochran gets moved over to Team 19 to replace that member. I will shoot both team captains and BobCochran instructions on what we need to do to get the switch done.

Judd
    Participant

@Sunyata 153979 wrote:

Looks like their original member showed up. Since this person has already authorized the Freezing Saddles site to read their Strava data (and you have not), they are showing up on the scoreboard.

And yes, teams are limited to 11 members, so someone from Team 18 is going to be booted (probably you, Bob, since you are not showing up on the leader board).

I have a great solution to this. Team 19 is getting ready to lose a teammate due to military deployment. So, I propose that BobCochran gets moved over to Team 19 to replace that member. I will shoot both team captains and BobCochran instructions on what we need to do to get the switch done.

I had a brief glimmer of hope that you were telling Bob James that he was out of Freezing Saddles.

Glad to see that we can find a way for Bob Cochran to stay in the game.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@Judd 153983 wrote:

I had a brief glimmer of hope that you were telling Bob James that he was out of Freezing Saddles.

Glad to see that we can find a way for Bob Cochran to stay in the game.

No, we don’t get to vote people off the island. LOL

Judd
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 153991 wrote:

No, we don’t get to vote people off the island. LOL

Wouldn’t it be a lot more fun if Freezing Saddles worked like Survivor though?

Especially since all of Team 15 is cheating?

SarahBee
    Participant

Judd, I vote you off our team page unless you and Team 10 want to form an Unholy Alliance against team 15 :)

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

The Merry Band of Idiots is clearly doping too, it’s right there in the name, so I don’t see why you guys feel like anything unfair is happening

Judd
    Participant

@SarahBee 154001 wrote:

Judd, I vote you off our team page unless you and Team 10 want to form an Unholy Alliance against team 15 :)

I’m liking Team 1018’s chances this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.