Team 10 Team X

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    eminva
    Participant

Hello Team 10 —

I think Subby will post a link to the Strava team, but this is who we are:

accordioneur
    ChuckS
    eminva
    Erin Potter
    MVW
    NCochran
    PRSteve27
    robbieb2013
    scorchedearth
    Subby
    trout
    vern
    Team Machine Racing

So get yourself aboard just as soon as Subby provides the link.

Also, any thoughts on a name/logo?

Go Team X!

Liz

P.S. Three team members in the Top 20, just sayin’.

scorchedearth
    Participant

Hello Liz.

accordioneur
    Participant

Yay!

It was good to meet a few folks last night!

Jesse/accordioneur

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10386[/ATTACH]

Subby
    Participant

Hey guys – sorry for the late check-in. I was out riding!

Here is the link to our Strava page: https://www.strava.com/clubs/175402

Please head over to Strava and join the group if you have not already. That’s the place where we will post announcements about group rides, meetups, and (ahem) strategy.

If this is your first time, the only advice I have is ride every day – even if it’s just a mile. The 10 bonus points you get for riding each day are pretty huge in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway – enough out of me. This is a great team – really looking forward to riding with everyone!

ChuckS
    Participant

@Subby 131372 wrote:

Hey guys – sorry for the late check-in. I was out riding!

Here is the link to our Strava page: https://www.strava.com/clubs/175402
    Please head over to Strava and join the group if you have not already. That’s the place where we will post announcements about group rides, meetups, and (ahem) strategy.
    If this is your first time, the only advice I have is ride every day – even if it’s just a mile. The 10 bonus points you get for riding each day are pretty huge in the grand scheme of things.
    Anyway – enough out of me. This is a great team – really looking forward to riding with everyone!

Hey, howdy, HI TeamX
    1st timer here… with one quick clarification question. (Perhaps I was ill advised about a penalty regarding 1 mile/Sleaze/11-12 point days rides?)
    Having been told demerits or point reductions are assessed for a certain number/percentage of these short ride days.
    True or false? Thx! –ChuckS

vern
    Participant

@ChuckS 131446 wrote:

Hey, howdy, HI TeamX
    1st timer here… with one quick clarification question. (Perhaps I was ill advised about a penalty regarding 1 mile/Sleaze/11-12 point days rides?)
    Having been told demerits or point reductions are assessed for a certain number/percentage of these short ride days.

False! http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9384-Freezing-Saddles-2016-Important-Information

Just remember that if you sleaze, make sure you ride at least one mile. Anything under that gets you nothing. Sometimes Strava will say you rode 1.0 miles, but then after you lock and load the ride you discover the final tally is .9. So, if you must sleaze, always try to ride a tenth or two past 1 mile so this doesn’t happen.

And welcome.

accordioneur
    Participant

That’s good news! I’m going to be down in Mississippi on business next week and have been asking my colleagues down there about access to a bicycle, but my rides would be of the one mile variety. One guy promised me he’d lend me his daughter’s Hello Kitty tricycle. He’s kidding … I think … but I’ll ride it if that’s all I’ve got!

When I’m at home I can do a one miler around the block, and since I live on the infamous Quantico Street hill in Arlington, there’s nothing sleazy about that mile!

J

DismalScientist
    Participant

@accordioneur 131478 wrote:

When I’m at home I can do a one miler around the block, and since I live on the infamous Quantico Street hill in Arlington, there’s nothing sleazy about that mile!

Pish posh…
    https://www.strava.com/activities/268295769

accordioneur
    Participant

The neighborhood offers such a delicious buffet of hills. Why choose only one?

DismalScientist
    Participant

The jumbo shrimp award, of course. Most elevation gained on a sleaze ride.

scorchedearth
    Participant

@ChuckS 131446 wrote:

Hey, howdy, HI TeamX

I was not docked any points for having ridden sleaze rides last year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.