RSVPs for Freezing Saddles End-of-Season Celebration 2020

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition RSVPs for Freezing Saddles End-of-Season Celebration 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Indiana
    Participant

Assuming public gatherings are still a thing, I would like to attend withkidMBear.

rumipumi
    Participant

I hate to say it but I think we should reschedule this.

Jessica Hirschhorn
    Participant

Crowds seem to be OUT these days. Hard to re-schedule given no solid prediction of the future, but I would think a month or more later might be prudent. SAD!

wheelswings
    Participant

@Jessica Hirschhorn 199273 wrote:

Crowds seem to be OUT these days. Hard to re-schedule given no solid prediction of the future, but I would think a month or more later might be prudent. SAD!

Correct. The organizing committee has been discussing the situation offline. Although we are still waiting for everyone to weigh in, I can say with certainty that we will be cancelling the end-of-season prize ceremonies.
    We are brainstorming alternatives.

The number of infected individuals is increasing exponentially. Cancelling events saves lives by “flattening the curve” of cases, as there are far too few test kits, hospital beds, respirators, etc. for the explosive transmission rates predicted. Social distancing is the only responsible option. Unfortunately the situation will get worse before it gets better.

The Freezing Saddles prize ceremony is one of the most fun and funny events in the whole year. I sure-as-heck wish we weren’t in this position. And this time we were excited to show off our new venue. The owner of East-West Coffee and Wine was going all-out for us to make it an amazing event.

We will write more shortly to confirm the cancellation and to suggest other plans.
    In the meantime, wash hands, don’t touch your face, and be safe (on and off the bike).

With affection and clean virtual hugs,
    w&w

MarcDionne
    Participant

I’ll be there

Starduster
    Participant

Yeah it sucks, but these are not normal times. Good call.

Don’t necessarily cancel though. Postpone two months down the line?

jrenaut
    Participant

@Starduster 199313 wrote:

Yeah it sucks, but these are not normal times. Good call.

Don’t necessarily cancel though. Postpone two months down the line?

I think everyone would like to postpone, but there’s just too much uncertainty to make a real plan yet.

Nadine
    Participant

@wheels&wings 199274 wrote:

Correct. The organizing committee has been discussing the situation offline. Although we are still waiting for everyone to weigh in, I can say with certainty that we will be cancelling the end-of-season prize ceremonies.
    We are brainstorming alternatives.

The number of infected individuals is increasing exponentially. Cancelling events saves lives by “flattening the curve” of cases, as there are far too few test kits, hospital beds, respirators, etc. for the explosive transmission rates predicted. Social distancing is the only responsible option. Unfortunately the situation will get worse before it gets better.

The Freezing Saddles prize ceremony is one of the most fun and funny events in the whole year. I sure-as-heck wish we weren’t in this position. And this time we were excited to show off our new venue. The owner of East-West Coffee and Wine was going all-out for us to make it an amazing event.

We will write more shortly to confirm the cancellation and to suggest other plans.
    In the meantime, wash hands, don’t touch your face, and be safe (on and off the bike).

With affection and clean virtual hugs,
    w&w

Hey Cynthia –

I’ve been thinking, what if we rescheduled it to be held outside during the day, at a park? Thanks to Cathy’s pointless prize we know where LOTS of them are!

😁 Nadine

josh
    Participant

Two years ago we postponed the closing HH to early/mid-April due to weather(?!), so there’s certainly precedent for pushing it back.

bigredboiler
    Participant

Just checking the forums since I assumed HH would be cancelled/postponed. Postponed until TBD makes sense for now.

I love Nadine’s idea of daytime park meet up also….we should do both!

Anyway, be safe out there….and wash your hands! :)

Kris

sszibler
    Participant

@bigredboiler 199369 wrote:

Just checking the forums since I assumed HH would be cancelled/postponed. Postponed until TBD makes sense for now.

I love Nadine’s idea of daytime park meet up also….we should do both!

Anyway, be safe out there….and wash your hands! :)

Kris

So, I guess still nothing about rescheduling or Zooming the end of season celebration?

I see some posts about a coffee/hiking club or something posted today, but I guess that’s nothing official. Just hoping I’m not missing anything if I use this last hour to ride.

jrenaut
    Participant

@sszibler 199671 wrote:

So, I guess still nothing about rescheduling or Zooming the end of season celebration?

I see some posts about a coffee/hiking club or something posted today, but I guess that’s nothing official. Just hoping I’m not missing anything if I use this last hour to ride.

No plans to reschedule yet. I think we’re waiting until we’re sure we’re allowed to gather again before we pick a day.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.