#PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition #PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 682 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

1/6/24

Ich Bin Ein Berliner on the side of what used to be the Berliner Bier & Wursthaus.

1/5/24 (Submitted just to play along but as the sponsor I’m not in the competition!)

The bronze statue “Taking Flight” at the Vienna Community Center was installed in 2017 in honor of the late Mayor Jane Seeman and local volunteers.

1/4/24 (Submitted just to play along but as the sponsor I’m not in the competition!)

Christmas display in front of Partlow’s just off the W&OD in Ashburn

Indiana
    Participant

Catch-up

1/4 mural on MBT NE DC. I watched part of it be painted and the artist came back the next day to paint over where it had been tagged. Anyone know why some murals are tagged and others left alone?

1/5 The Hellmingo lawn art 18th St NE DC near Hamlin. She looked pretty cool at Burning Man: https://amoebaartscollective.com/

1/6 Cloud Rain by Kyungmi Shin at Brookland Middle School/Turkey Thicket NE DC

The description is pretty cool about how it lights up, though since I arrived before the storm I can’t verify if the lights change with different water levels: “This shade structure is an abstraction of cloud and rain. It features 6 circular disks cut with words describing the various states of water in the water cycle. Each disk is supported by a slanted column mimicking the raindrops by its angle and the LED lights embedded in the column. The LED light is controlled by the water tank level gauge and functions as an indicator for the storm water level in the storage tank located underneath the artwork site.” (From https://www.shingraystudio.com/cloud-rain)

Catching Up with #publicartfinder Posts for the Time the Forum was Down

Since there still seem to be some remaining glitches with the new forum, I’ll take late entries until all the glitches have been worked out, as long as you’ve posted your art find is posted to Strava with the #publicartfinder tag.

(Submitted just to play along but as the sponsor I’m not in the competition!)

consularrider
    Participant

#publicartfinder – 01/07/2024

Iwo Jima

Marine Corps War Memorial

Kbikeva
    Participant

1/7/24

So many great public art pieces today on my ride! But the last time I was here this one was incomplete, so I purposefully rode back to see it and use it on my post. This artist, Adrian Lopez, specializes in these “arms out wide” paintings. Many of them are on street corners where residential walls provide canvases begging for adornment.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

1/7/24

“Serve”  from the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center, 5220 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20011

Rod Smith
    Participant

Art to GoGo
    Marion Barry Ave SE

LhasaCM
    Participant

1/7/2024 – Corporate lawn art in Crystal City

Indiana
    Participant

1/7 NoMa in Space by Andrea Limauro on MBT NE DC near Tanner Park https://www.instagram.com/andrealimauro/p/CzC9e4yN0oQ/?img_index=1

Sophie CW
    Participant

Bridge over Metro track painted by local Brookland resident:

celestesollod
    Participant

Druid Hill Park, Baltimore, Tree Stump Carvings

Mark Acton’s Tree Stump carvings in Druid Hill Park, Baltimore, are meant to evoke the Druids of the park’s name. Two of them are around the reservoir in the southern part of the park.

Laurie E.
    Participant

Public Art Finder Mural, Clinton, MD 1-5-24

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 682 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.