Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Judd
    Participant

10 Points for donating to Feeding Saddles! Thanks for supporting Rumi.

@kmrice 218403 wrote:

Judd-donated to Feeding Saddles-some amount (more than a buck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judd
    Participant

10 Points for Sophie for donating to Feeding Saddles!

@Sophie CW 218426 wrote:

Done!

Judd
    Participant

10 Points for for volunteering at RBH and the photo that requires doing a hand stand.

@Sophie CW 218505 wrote:

I don’t always get to bike to my weekly volunteering at the Rockville Bike Hub, but I did today and helped someone with gearing and derailleur adjustments.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28972[/ATTACH]
    (I think only my selfies are posted upside down.)

Judd
    Participant

10 Points to BikeDavid for donating to Feeding Saddles.

@bikedavid 218524 wrote:

Love the name Feeding Saddles! Also chipped in.

Judd
    Participant

10 Points to Boomer for donating to Feeding Saddles!

@Boomer2U 218528 wrote:

Done … and donated much more than a buck!;-)

Judd
    Participant

I’m awarding 5 points for good deedery.

@Boomer2U 218530 wrote:

Any bonus points for fixing a broken chain for a competing BAFS2022 team captain so that she can crush it on the final day of competition?
    1f951f306557743ce39057a10fa7ffd3.jpg

Judd
    Participant

10 points for volunteering with Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail. I missed being there, but was tickled to get the videos with birthday wishes.

The selfie skills are much improved. I always enjoy watching the process of you taking them. :P

@kmrice 218536 wrote:

Finished out FS with a bike to Jones Point and some trail edging. A good turnout-8dfa1ffe9d7332cb942964c5d4553c13.jpg
    we missed you Judd, but understand you were away for the weekend. PS-have my selfie skills improved? (You’d say no if you knew how many tries it took to get this one).

Judd
    Participant

10 points for volunteering at Croatan Buck Fifty and for taking pictures of all of us navigating the mud field.
    10 more points for donating to Feeding Saddles.

20 Pointer!

@Steve O 218611 wrote:

Although posted later, on the last day I volunteered at the Croatan Buck Fifty. I helped a rider with a broken seat find the nearest support station and I also fixed a busted chain so that another rider could finish the race. Fun times!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29003[/ATTACH]

(Also donated to Feeding Saddles)

Judd
    Participant

Thank you to everyone who participated in Freezing Saddles Gives Back this year. We had 11 total participants who shoveled snow, gave blood, fixed trails, preserved nature, helped provide food security and helped fix bikes.

Kathy Rice came in first place. $500 has been donated to the Melanoma Research Alliance in memory of her friend Anna Hennessey.
    Sophie came in second place in a nail biter. In recognition, I bumped second prize up and a $250 donation was made to Rockville Bike Hub.
    Gina came in third place. She’s currently enjoying a trip to Puerto Rico. A $100 donation will be made to an organization of her choosing when I hear back from her.

rumipumi
    Participant

Thx FS Gives Back Participants, for helping put us over the top!! You are huge assholes (in lycra, who care)

We did it! We exceeded our goal of getting at least 50 assholes in lycra (who care) to chip in! We didn’t make it to $5k but we did great! Thank you to all of the generous assholes in lycra (who care) in our Freezing Saddles community! The page is still open if anyone else wants to chip in: https://give.capitalareafoodbank.org/campaign/feeding-saddles-2022-virtual-food-drive/c395811

826191412debedcea79f3c7a34d4cbd4.jpg

Judd
    Participant

Gina has selected New Hope Housing to receive a $100 donation as a third place prize (and is also making a donation because she is awesome). New Hope Housing provides services in Northern Virginia to prevent homelessness.

@Judd 218801 wrote:

Thank you to everyone who participated in Freezing Saddles Gives Back this year. We had 11 total participants who shoveled snow, gave blood, fixed trails, preserved nature, helped provide food security and helped fix bikes.

Kathy Rice came in first place. $500 has been donated to the Melanoma Research Alliance in memory of her friend Anna Hennessey.
    Sophie came in second place in a nail biter. In recognition, I bumped second prize up and a $250 donation was made to Rockville Bike Hub.
    Gina came in third place. She’s currently enjoying a trip to Puerto Rico. A $100 donation will be made to an organization of her choosing when I hear back from her.

Sophie CW
    Participant

Thank you, Judd, for your generosity and for sponsoring this game. The Rockville Bike Hub really appreciates the donation!

@Judd 218801 wrote:

kmrice
    Participant

Yes, a huge thank you, Judd, for your generosity in sponsoring this contest and jump starting us on many fun experiences. And a shout out to Sophie and Gina, and all participants who worked hard (and made me work hard) giving back. You all made this contest fun!

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.