Pointless Prize 2024 – #Flag

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize 2024 – #Flag

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    CBGanimal
    Participant

1/8/24 Flag – US Air Force

AlanA
    Participant

2/8 – Cashell Elementary School

CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/8/2024 Flag 173rd Airborne Brigade

rumpuscat
    Participant

2/8/24 – Georgetown University 

bikesnick
    Participant

2/8/2024 – Univeristy of Wisconsin

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/8/24 – Snowman Welcome flag

Sophie CW
    Participant

Hi @cvcalhoun!  I saw the word corporation on the flag and knew it had to be Rockville Sisters Cities Corporation. The City pride itself with this relationship with Pinneberg and Jiaxing and I have seen this seal and flag at other city-sponsored events.

camiller
    Participant

2/8/2024 Love Heart flag

Nadine
    Participant

2/8/24 Don’t tread on me flag

Indiana
    Participant

2/8 Union Station, let’s go with Arizona

Kbikeva
    Participant

2/8/24

I had to look this one up. The orange checkered flag is used for great big machinery at airfields. This crane was not exactly at Dulles airport but on the approaching flight path so I guess they have to use it.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/8/24

Valentine flag in the 7900 block of Maple Ridge Road in Bethesda.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

2/08 – Peace ☮️ flag Peace flag

bigredboiler
    Participant

I haven’t posted in a while.  It’s great seeing all the enthusiasm for finding flags on a bike ride. I’m more than impressed!  Amazing how many different flags are out there.

@DCAKen
    – I like your style of hitting all the country flags around DC.  Glad @AlanA confirmed you’ll never run out of places to visit during BAFS2024 🙂

@matteblack
    – Amazing you continue to find the seasonal/specialty flags daily.  I saw you’re covering all the neighborhood roads and racking up the “Wandr” new miles….that is certainly a way to discover everything out there!

@cvcalhoun
    – thank you for the entertaining back stories on some of your finds.

As for tie-breakers, nothing official yet.  I will remind everyone that I’m partial to “real” flags (on a pole, 3’x5′ min., etc.) vs banners, sails, mini-“flags”, etc. I’ll keep counting everything for everyone for simplicity.  I’ll go back and check those in contention for the “win” as we get closer to the end.  Also remember you can only get a given type of flag once.

Kris

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@sophie-cw wrote:

Hi @cvcalhoun! I saw the word corporation on the flag and knew it had to be Rockville Sisters Cities Corporation. The City pride itself with this relationship with Pinneberg and Jiaxing and I have seen this seal and flag at other city-sponsored events.

Ah, you were way ahead of me, then. I don’t live in Rockville, and hadn’t seen any city-sponsored events. I found this page that said that the flag on the right was Pinneberg. But of course, it isn’t any more. So I started searching for other sister cities Rockville might have–but it wasn’t the flag of Jiaxing, either. It was only after flailing around for a while that I figured out it was the flag of the Rockville Sister Cities Corporation itself.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.