Passing the baton / taking a year off

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Passing the baton / taking a year off

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nadine
    Participant

@Judd 180898 wrote:

Sad! But also thank you for all of the work you’ve done to build, maintain and sometimes I crash the site. Freezing Saddles couldn’t have happened without it and I probably wouldn’t have had most of the friends I have today without Freezing Saddles, so your efforts have at least made my life better.

I’m with Judd 1000%. I LOVE freezing Saddles. And I don’t like winter, otherwise. And I’m so grateful to Hozn & Jon for everything you guys have done to make it happen.

I love how it’s somehow competitive and non competitive at the same time. The support! The comMUnity! I feel like I get out of FS a lot of what religious people get out of religion. A vibrant supportive community – and we even worship a common icon! [emoji16][emoji468]*♀️[emoji38][emoji322][emoji323]

I’m not in a position to offer to take over for hozn (I’m only just passable at strava) but I hope someone will step up. I could offer non computer support of some kind….. but I hope we can figure out a way. I’ve never figured out Calvinball, and I only found you guys 3 years ago, and I just recruited awitt last winter and she loves it too…. Sigh.

And if we do, Hozn, since you won’t be on computer duty, maybe you’ll be able to play this year?

I’m a middle of the road player, btw, like Accordioneur. The highest I’ve ever been on a team is 4th, and I’ve been pretty happy with that actually….

♥️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetsmarts
    Participant

I’m grateful for you all who made FS what it is and welcomed me in a couple yrs ago.
    Thanks especially for all the background work coding or whatever it is that makes the leader boards work! ;)

I’m in it for fun and to ride, to meet folks and bring others into the fun and games and riding. I love group rides in the winter and the games like Calvinball. So if the competition went away I’d be ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

obscurerichard
    Participant

I would be willing to take it on. I’ve got the technical chops to do it. I also have server space from my community non-profit that could be used, or I could spring for AWS hosting for it. Hans, lets coordinate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hozn
    Participant

This is great!! (Richard and I are coordinating.)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@obscurerichard 181524 wrote:

I would be willing to take it on. I’ve got the technical chops to do it. I also have server space from my community non-profit that could be used, or I could spring for AWS hosting for it. Hans, lets coordinate.

Could you please message me when you’ve got this worked out? I’ve been managing registration for the past several years, and do it through a WordPress form. I would love to get that hosted on the same site as Freezing Saddles, so that we could just have the URL something like registration.freezingsaddles.com rather than the cumbersome URL (http://s94971567.onlinehome.us) I’ve been using.

obscurerichard
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 181876 wrote:

Could you please message me when you’ve got this worked out? I’ve been managing registration for the past several years, and do it through a WordPress form. I would love to get that hosted on the same site as Freezing Saddles, so that we could just have the URL something like registration.freezingsaddles.com rather than the cumbersome URL (http://s94971567.onlinehome.us) I’ve been using.

There are several potentially easy solutions to dealing with that. Sure, let’s talk.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@obscurerichard 182315 wrote:

There are several potentially easy solutions to dealing with that. Sure, let’s talk.

I sent you an email.

AlanA
    Participant

Oooh, this is already exciting, and it’s just barely November. I certainly hope we can keep this dumb competition going. It helps make Winter tolerable. Although, I would probably manage to make it through the Winter if thinks didn’t work out.
    Sadly, I’m not the one to help with the computer part of it. I’m only good at riding my bike and drinking beer!!

elizsnyder
    Participant

I hope the baton passing is going well. Would be sad if last year was my first and last. This community got me out when I would have hid on the sofa under a throw…okay, so I still do that but only after I at least get my sleaze in on really “rule #9 fail” day….I met so many cool people who say “hi” to me now, important for this big time introvert :rolleyes: with occasional carbon based motorized vehicle anger management issues…sigh

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.