Habanero ti ‘cross/gravel/touring frameset + extras

Our Community Forums Classifieds Habanero ti ‘cross/gravel/touring frameset + extras

• This topic has 36 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by josh.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Judd
    Participant

@anomad 158893 wrote:

I’ll take it.

I’m buying it out of general principle. And I rode home with Ian who said he’d never speak to me again if I didn’t buy it.

We are probably going to have to bike joust over this sweet piece of bike and I’ve been training.

b1554b22a5f22f0ea740bf04c6f06649.jpg

anomad
    Participant

PLEASE BUY IT!

Jokes aside, I didn’t catch your post. You clearly have first dibs. And, hozn deserves a pound of my finest home roasted coffee for being a gentlemen of extraordinary deals (if he’s at all into coffee).

@Judd 158901 wrote:

We are probably going to have to bike joust over this sweet piece of bike and I’ve been training.

b1554b22a5f22f0ea740bf04c6f06649.jpg

ian74
    Participant

@anomad 158893 wrote:

I’ll take it.

I’m buying it out of general principle. And I rode home with Ian who said he’d never speak to me again if I didn’t buy it.

Whoah!!! I don’t know if I said that! I just had forgotten you were also freakishly tall like Judd! When you stepped off your bike yesterday to help me out out a lightbulb went off! Plus you mentioned you had no bikes made out of titanium YET!

anomad
    Participant

I might have embellished your comments to bolster my motivation ;)

@ian74 158918 wrote:

Whoah!!! I don’t know if I said that! I just had forgotten you were also freakishly tall like Judd! When you stepped off your bike yesterday to help me out out a lightbulb went off! Plus you mentioned you had no bikes made out of titanium YET!

Judd
    Participant

@anomad 158921 wrote:

I might have embellished your comments to bolster my motivation ;)

It sounded like something Ian would say. Bonus points for believability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judd
    Participant

Hozn was kind enough to let me take his bike out for a spin yesterday in the rain. I’m buying it

It was my first time riding a titanium frame, a one by drivetrain and tubeless tires. The frame is very light. Similar to my carbon frame. It also had a nice smooth ride. Cruised right over trail bumps and felt good on the C&O and Georgetown Branch Trail.

I’m likely going to copy the setup Hans had since I liked how good the bike felt. I’ll change the stem angle though since Hans had it set at Monstorcross champion angle and I prefer inflexible lumberjack angle.

anomad
    Participant

Whew! Thank you. Saved me some cash and “problem” of having another bike. I would have to had suffer the embarrassment of adjusting it for the overweight and inflexible posture anyway.

Roasted up a pound of Burundi Mutambu Rubanda yesterday for hozn. Who I assume, drinks coffee, own’s and operates a grinder, and acceptable brewing apparatus.

SaGHL9nl.jpg

@Judd 158924 wrote:

Hozn was kind enough to let me take his bike out for a spin yesterday in the rain. I’m buying it

It was my first time riding a titanium frame, a one by drivetrain and tubeless tires. The frame is very light. Similar to my carbon frame. It also had a nice smooth ride. Cruised right over trail bumps and felt good on the C&O and Georgetown Branch Trail.

I’m likely going to copy the setup Hans had since I liked how good the bike felt. I’ll change the stem angle though since Hans had it set at Monstorcross champion angle and I prefer inflexible lumberjack angle.

hozn
    Participant

@anomad 158931 wrote:

Roasted up a pound of Burundi Mutambu Rubanda yesterday for hozn. Who I assume, drinks coffee, own’s and operates a grinder, and acceptable brewing apparatus.

SaGHL9nl.jpg

Wow, I don’t know what I did to deserve that, but thanks! :-). Yes, to all over the above.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Sunyata
    Participant

I know I am late to the party (I have been cleaning mud out of EVERYTHING), but Hozn, if you happen to accidentally buy a 54cm titanium cross/gravel frame and need to get rid of it… 😎

I am super excited for Judd. That is going to be a sweet setup. Now… come ride ALL the gravel with me!

Judd
    Participant

@Sunyata 158953 wrote:

I know I am late to the party (I have been cleaning mud out of EVERYTHING), but Hozn, if you happen to accidentally buy a 54cm titanium cross/gravel frame and need to get rid of it… 😎

I am super excited for Judd. That is going to be a sweet setup. Now… come ride ALL the gravel with me!

I’m pretty much required to race cross this year. Gonna need lots of help.

dkel
    Participant

@Judd 158954 wrote:

I’m pretty much required to race cross this year. Gonna need lots of help.

And by “lots of help” you mean “lots of beer handups,” right?

Judd
    Participant

@dkel 158963 wrote:

And by “lots of help” you mean “lots of beer handups,” right?

YES! I could also use “lots of help” on my commute home if someone wants to hang out at HP with a cooler.

Birru
    Participant

@Sunyata 158953 wrote:

Baptism in mud for Judd! Mine was last Saturday.

Sunyata
    Participant

@Birru 158983 wrote:

Baptism in mud for Judd! Mine was last Saturday.

You think YOU got baptized in mud?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14657[/ATTACH]

drevil
    Participant

@Sunyata 159000 wrote:

You think YOU got baptized in mud?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14657[/ATTACH]

Did you notice if anyone bothered to use fenders? All the pics I’ve seen show everyone with the mud stripe straight up their back, chest, and face. I would’ve at least fashioned up a large Evian/Deer Park fender for the front by cutting it in half! :)

BTW, if you’re new to mountain biking, this is a HUGE NONO on public trails. However, the Bakers Dozen (where this pic was taken) happens on a private farm in Leesburg, and apparently they don’t mind the bikers roosting mud on their property. NEVER ride muddy trails in parks because it destroys trails and there are lots of volunteers that put in a lot of time to design, build, and fix them (including Sunyata and Dane in the pic).

Do whatev’s on privately-owned trails, but you might want to get permission first ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.