Habanero ti ‘cross/gravel/touring frameset + extras

Our Community Forums Classifieds Habanero ti ‘cross/gravel/touring frameset + extras

• This topic has 36 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by josh.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

I have my new travel couplers frame now, so am going to move over my components and sell my current commuter/gravel frame, along with the Spot full-carbon fork (pictured) and my Flo30 wheelset (pictured) and a spare-but-dented-rim Grail wheelset (for parts or winter or just riding since it is still works fine).

59cm

https://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

This frame only has ~5k miles on it. It was a a warranty replacement last year.

Important: I’ve made a few “mods” to frame: (1) drilled out cable stops for full-length shifter housing and hydro hose; and (2) I removed the cable stop on back of seat tube for the front derailleur (so I could mount my light on the seat tube to free up my seatpost for Weehoo hookup, etc.) — This means the frame is 1x only (unless you use a problem solvers cable stop).

I love this frame, but I have no room N+1. It is perfect for gravel. Heck, it won Monster Cross Open CX this year! :-)

I am posting this now before I strip off the components in case anyone wants to ride it.

A few notes:
    – Full rack and fender mounts.
    – ISO disc mount on frame. Frame clears 160mm rotors no problem; that’s what I’m running. Post mount on fork for 160mm minimum. (Not sure if frame or fork would clear rotors larger than 160.)
    – Clearance for 700x45mm tires in frame & fork. Frame looks like it’d handle 27.5 x 2.0 (or more?), unsure on fork.
    – 27.2mm post. Seatpost binder works great, but is picky on seatpost size tolerance. (E.g. I use carbon paste not grease with the Syncros ti post I’m using now.) .
    – 68mm BB shell. I am using a road double with a 44t Wolf Tooth chain ring. That clears fine, but a 46t X-Sync chainring barely does not clear the chain stay. (X-Sync are offset inboard by 2mm) . The X-Sync ring would work with a wide crankset (e.g. MTB width) or works with a 2mm spacer on outside of this particular crankset.

Details on wheelsets:
    – Both wheelsets use same [mismatched] Hope Pro2 rear + DT Swiss 240s front hubs. The Flo30 has a blue rear hub; the Grail has a silver rear hub. They are loud hubs and I love that they don’t match, but I realize that’s not for everyone.
    – The hubs use 135x10mm and 100x9mm DT Swiss RWS “thru-bolts”. I.e. they fit in QR frame + fork, but are thru-axles. (This is supposedly stiffer.)
    – The rear hubs cannot be converted to road 11sp (though you can put some Shimano 11sp MTB cassettes on there or get SRAM XD driver). Or I hear Jan at Bikenetic can make them 11sp compatible with a Dremel. :)
    – The Flo30 wheelset uses CX-Ray spokes. The rims are in good shape, but have a couple of surface scratches. They’ve been used for many thousands of miles now (20k?) but not off-road; never had to adjust them. Expect them to keep going forever. I am running these tubeless.
    – The Grail rims have a few dents, one significant (mostly the rear). They still seat up tubeless just fine and I don’t hesitate to ride them. These rims are generally known to be a bit soft, I guess. (They are probably my favorite rims form a build perspective, though. And the tubeless performance is fantastic.) . If I was keeping the wheelset, I’d just replace the rear rim and be a little more careful not to run such low pressure off-road. (But my new frame is thru-axle, so it doesn’t make sense to keep the wheelset.)

Forum price $500 for frame, headset, fork, Flo30 wheelset, Grail spare-parts wheelset. I’ll include the stainless cages (pictured) and a stem in 100mm or 110mm sizing if you’d like.

Will post more details and better photos when I disassemble it next week.

adfb318561da4575e0eb785cd78731c1.jpge819ad76b634efe94ec5114c0ffded65.jpg

ian74
    Participant

Wow! hozn, that is a steal for a Ti frame with TWO wheelsets. The frame alone is worth a lot more than your asking price (as you know). I bet Judd would be interested! If you were like 3 feet shorter I would have jumped this.

If it doesn’t sell here, someone in the DC used marketplace group on Facebook will take this off your hands in a heartbeast.

anomad
    Participant

Between the 3 of us at home we have bikes coming out our ears. But man I’m tempted.

huskerdont
    Participant

@anomad 158850 wrote:

Between the 3 of us at home we have bikes coming out our ears. But man I’m tempted.

I am tempted as well. That is beautiful and would fit. But I dunno if I can justify riding a bike that won a category at MonsterCross. That horse would just be impatient/disappointed with my riding.

hozn
    Participant

@huskerdont 158852 wrote:

I am tempted as well. That is beautiful and would fit. But I dunno if I can justify riding a bike that won a category at MonsterCross. That horse would just be impatient/disappointed with my riding.

:-) . It was just a nice confluence of fitness and a thin field. The horse would be happy to be ridden and not sit in my basement!

P.S. I’m dropping the forum price to $500 in case that helps :-) . It’d be a fun project!

jrenaut
    Participant

@hozn 158856 wrote:

P.S. I’m dropping the forum price to $500 in case that helps :-) . It’d be a fun project!

Can you drop the size down too, it’s a little too tall for me

Tania
    Participant

@hozn 158837 wrote:

Or I hear Jan at Bikenetic can make them 11sp compatible with a Dremel.

Totes. I’m running a SRAM 11-Speed cassette on a 10sp CK hub. (He dremels down the back of the cassette, not the hub…)

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

At that price I’m considering buying these shoes to maybe be able to fit on the bike!
    [IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0982/0722/products/YRU_LowKey-Hologram-Platform-Shoes-SILVER_SIDE_large.jpg?v=1484967141[/IMG]

Judd
    Participant

@ian74 158849 wrote:

Wow! hozn, that is a steal for a Ti frame with TWO wheelsets. The frame alone is worth a lot more than your asking price (as you know). I bet Judd would be interested! If you were like 3 feet shorter I would have jumped this.

If it doesn’t sell here, someone in the DC used marketplace group on Facebook will take this off your hands in a heartbeast.

Judd is indeed interested as long as he can hop on it and make sure that the frame feels before all the parts that make the bike move are stripped off. Will PM.

hozn
    Participant

@Tania 158859 wrote:

Totes. I’m running a SRAM 11-Speed cassette on a 10sp CK hub. (He dremels down the back of the cassette, not the hub…)

Oh, interesting. For GB he dremeled down the freehub body on some Hope Pro2 Evo hubs (same hubs). So I know it can be done, but I’ve been happy sticking with 10sp for now on this bike.

huskerdont
    Participant

@hozn 158856 wrote:

:-) . It was just a nice confluence of fitness and a thin field. The horse would be happy to be ridden and not sit in my basement!

I’m at N+1 = 7 right now and absolutely must sell one before I can do anything. Then I’d also have to sell my current gravel bike, and my SO isn’t going to understand that since it’s pretty new. “But just look at it!” would be my only defense. It would be a definite upgrade to the Masi.

Birru
    Participant

@Judd 158861 wrote:

Judd is indeed interested as long as he can hop on it and make sure that the frame feels before all the parts that make the bike move are stripped off. Will PM.

I’m both jealous and relieved that I’m too short to fit this frame. I’ve never ridden Ti, and if you get the Hab I’ll be very curious about your thoughts on the ride of that Ti frame vs your aluminum and carbon machines. What are your tentative plans for the N+1?

@hozn 158862 wrote:

Oh, interesting. For GB he dremeled down the freehub body on some Hope Pro2 Evo hubs (same hubs). So I know it can be done, but I’ve been happy sticking with 10sp for now on this bike.

I’d probably stick to 10-speed, maybe Tiagra with an 11-34. But for 11-speed conversion I’m more familiar with the idea of modifying the cassette, as seen in this video (jump to 3:04):

[video=youtube_share;cazQt5oleo4]https://youtu.be/cazQt5oleo4?t=3m4s[/video]

Judd
    Participant

@Birru 158867 wrote:

What are your tentative plans for the N+1?

Tassles. Lots of tassles. And shredding some gnar. I will likely shred all the gnar.

Judd
    Participant

@Judd 158882 wrote:

Tassles. Lots of tassles. And shredding some gnar. I will likely shred all the gnar.

But, more seriously, the fun in building a bike is doing all of the reading/researching. Round these parts, you can usually just post, “I’m building a bike” and then let the techies discuss hundreds of possibilities.

anomad
    Participant

I’ll take it.

I’m buying it out of general principle. And I rode home with Ian who said he’d never speak to me again if I didn’t buy it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.