FS 2023 Opening Happy Hour Tuesday Jan 10 – Clare & Don’s Beach Shack, Falls Church

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FS 2023 Opening Happy Hour Tuesday Jan 10 – Clare & Don’s Beach Shack, Falls Church

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

@Nadine 221583 wrote:

I’m in! The venue couldn’t be much easier for me, and I’m so grateful! I don’t see well enough in the dark to ride for real /at any kinda speed.

I was surprised to see the HH this close to me, though, & a li’l concerned about the Marylanders. I hope we can find a more centrally located venue for the closing HH. Having said that……

I LOVE MD Meadworks and I hope we have multiple gatherings there in the daytime! I can’t imagine making it all the way there & back at night, though, so I probably wouldn’t come if it were there – as much as I I appreciate Rumi’s offer [emoji177]

https://wmata.com/rider-guide/stations/west-hyattsville.cfm

Henry
    Keymaster

I’ll be there.

Henry

Steve O
    Participant

@randomduck 221570 wrote:

Possible location for the final HH and awards ceremony, Steve O: Metrobar

It has plentiful outdoor seating (basically all outdoor seating) and is situated adjacent to the MBT.

Note: I am NOT in charge of happy hours. I just happen to be the guy who knows the guy who offered us Clare & Don’s. That is all. I am not volunteering to organize the final happy hour. Any FS participant may step up to do so.

Rumi has offered Maryland Meadworks for the final HH. It may be a challenging location if the weather forces us all inside.
    Rumi – what’s the legal capacity inside the Meadworks?

Robbie Rob
    Participant

I plan to attend along with Leon.

Alcova cyclist
    Participant

I plan to come (Chris A on strava). Thanks to whoever arranged it!

accordioneur
    Participant

I’m just a Friend of BAFS, but since the event is in my neighborhood I’ll crash the party :)

camiller
    Participant

I’ll be there. Happy to have a lot of outdoor space.

BadgerBikrx
    Participant

I am planning to go.

CBGanimal
    Participant

@rumipumi 221531 wrote:

Maryland Meadworks in Hyattsville MD is happy to host the closing Happy Hour and waive their usual private party rental fees as long as cyclists order some drinks (with or without alcohol) ������

Lmk if “the management” is interested!

Rumi we are very interested. Between now and March 1st lets have a conversation.

CBGanimal
    Participant

@Steve O 221606 wrote:

Note: I am NOT in charge of happy hours. I just happen to be the guy who knows the guy who offered us Clare & Don’s. That is all. I am not volunteering to organize the final happy hour. Any FS participant may step up to do so.

Rumi has offered Maryland Meadworks for the final HH. It may be a challenging location if the weather forces us all inside.

We really could use someone who is interested in being the almighty organizer of Happy Hours (plus you get to be part of the “FS Cabal”!!

JoM
    Participant

@shirag 221580 wrote:

I’m planning on coming! Denizens in Silver Spring might be an option for the spring happy hour, when I helped plan an event they didn’t charge us a fee or have a food/drink minimum.
    -Shira

There’s a Denizen’s in Riverdale as well!

Sunyata
    Participant

@accordioneur 221611 wrote:

I’m just a Friend of BAFS, but since the event is in my neighborhood I’ll crash the party :)

Same! :)

rumipumi
    Participant

@Steve O 221606 wrote:

45 inside, 45 outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumipumi
    Participant

@JoM 221667 wrote:

There’s a Denizen’s in Riverdale as well!

[mention]shirag [/mention][mention]JoM [/mention]we are friends w julie (the owner) if you need a contact to do Denizens, either location.

Shira for the thing you did before, was it a private event where they waived the space rental fees? That’s awesome if so!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efarry
    Participant

I plan to attend

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.