December 2014 Trail Conditions

Our Community Forums Road and Trail Conditions December 2014 Trail Conditions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

Because you know we are going to need this thread in December! :D

rcannon100
    Participant

According to WeatherUnderground, it wont make it above freezing this week in Kiev, and the projected low for the week is…. 4F.

Steve O
    Participant

Caution: treacherously slippery wet leaves on the Custis switchback at Lyon Village this morning. Use extreme care.

worktheweb
    Participant

There was some frost on the Daingerfield Island bridge and the Dyke Marsh boardwalk on the Mount Vernon Trail. Also, ther was some standing water between the southernmost airport bridge (not the one that also carries the GWP) and the hill just south of it as well as on the MVT as it enters Jones Point Park from the North, both reasonably shallow.

Rockford10
    Participant

Tree down in Vienna’s Wildwood Park (at least that’s what I think the little connecty park is called).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7122[/ATTACH]

cyclingfool
    Participant

@rcannon100 100965 wrote:

According to WeatherUnderground, it wont make it above freezing this week in Kiev, and the projected low for the week is…. 4F.

The weather was not all that dissimilar last year when the street encampments and protests forced a change in power in the country. Now that’s a determined group of protesters! #respect

dkel
    Participant

@Rockford10 101231 wrote:

Tree down in Vienna’s Wildwood Park (at least that’s what I think the little connecty park is called).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7122[/ATTACH]

In my browser it looks like the tree is still standing, and everything else has fallen over.

Harry Meatmotor
    Participant

as of ~0600 there was an open fire hydrant, spraying water across Jefferson just after the Smithsonian Castle. A quick detour onto the sidewalk should be enough to get around without getting soaked. There’s construction on the Mall, so not sure if this is related.

dasgeh
    Participant

I managed to get caught up in the procession for the late Marion Barry. The police corking intersections were very nice and let me head through, making for a very quick ride.

DanB
    Participant

@Steve O 101217 wrote:

Caution: treacherously slippery wet leaves on the Custis switchback at Lyon Village this morning. Use extreme care.

I noticed that on the ride in yesterday, too, but–props to whomever maintains that stretch–it was completely cleared in the pm (before 5:00).

Dirt
    Participant

15343374953_4c3cecabbb_b.jpg
    *Burp*

This guy did it.

rcannon100
    Participant

But what fun is the cork-screw of death without wet leaves????

cyclingfool
    Participant

@rcannon100 101437 wrote:

#cyclocross

Steve O
    Participant

@rcannon100 101437 wrote:

Your wish is granted. They’re back.
    Be careful.

Dickie
    Participant

Citizens Bridge on the WOD was pretty slick this morning around 8:30, but other than that a pretty un-eventful ride considering WTOP was reporting the end of the world as we know it (cue REM).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.