Bicycle video cameras

Our Community Forums Bikes & Equipment Bicycle video cameras

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

The Virb Elite is ok. You can probably get one of the older ones cheap now. The Virb Edit software is surprisingly good; they must have acquired that from some other developers. (You maybe able to just download that to use with any camera’s video?) The integrated telemetry stuff is slick. Having the camera track rides (GPS) and pair with all the data sensors makes it almost a Garmin GPS replacement — if you dont want to see speed/hr/power etc. while riding.

The form factor makes it a bit hard to do things like chest harness mounting. And the shoulder mount doesn’t really work for cycling. But under the Garmin out front works well for road (not off-road). A little shaky still. I will try a helmet mount off-road sometime and see how well that works.

I do really like the big slider that starts the recording. And the ability to take single photos while recording. I dislike that it randomly stops recording sometimes, freezes up, and other such Garminy things.

Oh, and I dropped my camera on the street and scratched the lens. But I got the official replacement lens with the tools for $18, so I was happy about that.

I would probably buy a Hero if it were my money. This one was a gift, though, so I can’t complain!

83b
    Participant

@rcannon100 117807 wrote:

Have you tried iMovie?

I have not, but will have to borrow my wife’s Mac and give it a go. Thanks!

vvill
    Participant

@hozn 117821 wrote:

The Virb Edit software is surprisingly good; they must have acquired that from some other developers. (You maybe able to just download that to use with any camera’s video?) The integrated telemetry stuff is slick.

Hmm, great idea! A quick Google indicates this might be possible – gonna try it soon.

ebubar
    Participant

I’ll confirm that the Garmin VIRB software worked with my Go Pro videos. Quite slick!

Lt. Dan
    Participant

Just got my Virb Elite through Amazon for $200 shipped!! I’ve only played around with it around the shop the last couple days, but the editing software is MUCH better than the GoPro….

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.