Beerbeuring BASF 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    sjclaeys
    Participant

@consularrider 171076 wrote:

If they don’t I’m SOL.

I would never want to deny you the fun of beerneuring.

Steve O
    Participant

@Kitty 171070 wrote:

Rules question: do rides to breweries outside of the area count? I have a trip across the other pond next month, and it looks like Tokyo now has a bike share AND a new Hitachino Nest brewery…

Got a point in Los Angeles a couple of years ago.
    http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9709-FSSB-3-Beerneuring&p=131056#post131056

secstate
    Participant

Careful, though. I lost points last year for riding to a brewery, buying cans, and then proceeding to a friend’s place to drink them. I’m still bitter about that.

consularrider
    Participant

@secstate 171096 wrote:

Careful, though. I lost points last year for riding to a brewery, buying cans, and then proceeding to a friend’s place to drink them. I’m still bitter about that.

Was it a can of bitter? So you have to drink it in the brewery’s parking lot? I’m not finding much about regular German breweries having tasting rooms, at least not on a walk in basis.

chuxtr
    Participant

@consularrider 171105 wrote:

Was it a can of bitter? So you have to drink it in the brewery’s parking lot? I’m not finding much about regular German breweries having tasting rooms, at least not on a walk in basis.

I think Beerbeuring can be won if you manage to do a Danger Panda photo drinking beer … from a glass … in the snow.

sjclaeys
    Participant

@consularrider 171105 wrote:

It has always been the rule that you need to drink the beer where it was made. Otherwise, this turns into an errandurneering game, which it certainly is not.

Sunyata
    Participant

I ended up not making it to Port City this weekend, but stayed closer to home and had a couple of beers at New District.

The Street Beer that I had first was pretty darned good. It is a jalapeno pale ale and was pretty tasty. However, it was a little lacking on the kick from the jalapenos, but NDBC does tend to brew on the conservative side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16081[/ATTACH]

Since it was their second anniversary, I decided to try the Abbey Anniversary Ale. It was not terrible, but after the Street Beer I had earlier, it was a bit of a let down. I was not impressed with this supposed Belgian Dubbel and thought it lacked, well… pretty much everything. Whomp Whomp. Hopefully next time NDBC…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16080[/ATTACH]

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

#bafs2018 #beerneuring 001: Milk stout nitro @ Franklin’s Brewery in Hyattsville MD during the #proteusbicycles #saturdaysocialride. It was deluxious! And better than the frozen protein bar that I had in my goretex jacket pocket!! This is a limited time batch, so hurry on over, cuz once its gone, there ain’t no more!!

I also wanted to try the Rubber Chicken Red Ale, but I chickened out cuz it was too frickin’ cold outside, so I need to go back soon to get another beerneuring point!

(Q: Does wine [or cognac] count if its consumed with the beer?)
    0dc75cdb98a27f501fa77a87b0bb6c5f.jpg

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    bd31ae6d3097864ed09bb74c92ea07bb.jpg

Brett L.
    Participant

@Boomer2U 171158 wrote:

#bafs2018 #beerneuring 001: Milk stout nitro @ Franklin’s Brewery in Hyattsville MD during the #proteusbicycles #saturdaysocialride. It was deluxious! And better than the frozen protein bar that I had in my goretex jacket pocket!! This is a limited time batch, so hurry on over, cuz once its gone, there ain’t no more!!

I also wanted to try the Rubber Chicken Red Ale, but I chickened out cuz it was too frickin’ cold outside, so I need to go back soon to get another beerneuring point!

(Q: Does wine [or cognac] count if its consumed with the beer?)
    0dc75cdb98a27f501fa77a87b0bb6c5f.jpg

bd31ae6d3097864ed09bb74c92ea07bb.jpg

Wait! Does Franklin’s brew on site? Dammit, should’ve taken a picture of my beer…. Guess I’ll have to go back :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JonRobot
    Participant

i finally stopped by Saints Row Brewing in Rockville today! i think they just opened about 4 months ago so they’re pretty new, and the owner and bartender were both super friendly.

this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]16103[/ATTACH]

is Sweaty Pineapple Pants. it’s a pineapple sour and it’s awesome. if you like a funky sour with pineapple, this is your guy. i also don’t know how to rotate the picture so… turn your head i guess?

i also tried two others, but my stupid phone went from 26% to dead in 15 minutes, so no pictures.

i also tried Return of the Space Cowboy, which is an american IPA made with candied fruits and pear. honestly it tasted more like blueberries to me, but i still liked it.

finally i got a Behind the Cape and Cowl, which was awesome. a Double Black IPA that tasted like a chocolate stout had a baby with a strong IPA.

jrenaut
    Participant

@JonRobot 171261 wrote:

a Double Black IPA that tasted like a chocolate stout had a baby with a strong IPA.

Whoa there, buddy, this is a family forum

JonRobot
    Participant

@jrenaut 171263 wrote:

Whoa there, buddy, this is a family forum

oh. well… sometimes when a beer loves… well, likes a beer a very much… i mean they kind of like each other sometimes, they’ll come together and take their… labels off and… a stork will deliver them a baby beer that’s like a mixture of them?

jwetzel
    Participant

mmmm beer.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@Brett L. 171167 wrote:

Wait! Does Franklin’s brew on site? Dammit, should’ve taken a picture of my beer…. Guess I’ll have to go back :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Be sure to go visit their brewing vats, upstairs in the loft (visible in the fuzzy background of my beer pic), next time you visit!

Raymo853
    Participant

The All American IPA from Star City Brewing in Berthold CO.

This beer, and all I have had at Star City, have been okay but not outstanding. I still go to Star City because they have great music, many bluegrass and folky acts, that are trying to break into the Lyons music scene. Planning to go there again tonight (driving) to see this act: https://www.reverbnation.com/hotfoot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16222[/ATTACH]

This is their marketing blurb on this beer:

ALL AMERICAN IPA
    6.5% ABV | 79 IBU
    American IPA brewed with a handful of elusive USA hops: Columbus, Simcoe, Amarillo, Mosaic and dry hopped with Citra hops. 2016 US Open Beer Championship – Silver.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.