A HUGE Thank You to MDOT

Our Community Forums General Discussion A HUGE Thank You to MDOT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brett L.
    Participant

http://www.waba.org/blog/2018/01/a-new-trail-bridge-over-the-patuxent/

I am sure that the majority of users of this forum received notification from WABA already, but I’m posting here as well for all to see. A new crossing of the Patuxent River in PG County, connecting two existing trails. This brings us one step closer to having a complete and safe trail connection between DC and Baltimore!

Judd
    Participant

@Brett L. 172795 wrote:

http://www.waba.org/blog/2018/01/a-new-trail-bridge-over-the-patuxent/

I am sure that the majority of users of this forum received notification from WABA already, but I’m posting here as well for all to see. A new crossing of the Patuxent River in PG County, connecting two existing trails. This brings us one step closer to having a complete and safe trail connection between DC and Baltimore!

We should go for a bike ride too look at the future bridge site, Komorebi.

komorebi
    Participant

@Judd 172810 wrote:

We should go for a bike ride too look at the future bridge site, Komorebi.

We were actually pretty close to that area during our ride to the Maryland Renaissance Festival (and could have avoided the nasty section on Annapolis Rd. and Crain Hwy. if the bridge had been complete). But sure, I’d be happy to go back and check the area out properly. It might be easier to do that on a weekend, when we can use the MARC bike car.

Judd
    Participant

@komorebi 172813 wrote:

We were actually pretty close to that area during our ride to the Maryland Renaissance Festival (and could have avoided the nasty section on Annapolis Rd. and Crain Hwy. if the bridge had been complete). But sure, I’d be happy to go back and check the area out properly. It might be easier to do that on a weekend, when we can use the MARC bike car.

We’re doin it!

SarahBee
    Participant

@Judd 172818 wrote:

We’re doin it!

I offer up my house as a friendly food & bathroom pit stop point!

Judd
    Participant

@SarahBee 172837 wrote:

I offer up my house as a friendly food & bathroom pit stop point!

We’re doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judd
    Participant

Also, I encourage everyone to hit the link and submit a thank you for this getting funded. The WB&A corridor runs to the Marvin Gaye Trail in DC which almost connects to the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail. Filling one gap in the trail makes it easier to advocate to fill the other ones.

Brett L.
    Participant

@Judd 172839 wrote:

Also, I encourage everyone to hit the link and submit a thank you for this getting funded. The WB&A corridor runs to the Marvin Gaye Trail in DC which almost connects to the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail. Filling one gap in the trail makes it easier to advocate to fill the other ones.

The long term plan is to extend the WB&A to BWI (where it’ll connect with the B&A trail) and a new trail from BWI into Baltimore. I believe there are plans to complete the connection to the ART as well. This bridge was a major hurdle and a great excuse to delay those connections. Judd is absolutely correct – this is one giant step towards an amazing connection between Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AFHokie
    Participant

@komorebi 172813 wrote:

Also rode through that area when we rode out to Annapolis. I agree, it’ll remove a lot of bad sections

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.