2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 2,274 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the interesting “discussion” (such as can be had with the “new and improved” forum), @AlanA, @aaron-bikes, @cvcalhoun, @Indiana, @Nadine, and others. As is the same with several of you, I don’t expect to “win” any of these silly and fun games but love them because they motivate me to get out riding much more in the winter than I would without them. I especially like #photoscavhunt because it encompass 3 of my favorite things to do, ride my bike, take photos, and solve puzzles. Thanks to all of you for the interesting photos and creative explanations of how they fit the Wordle of the day. And thanks, especially, to @kbikeva and @serdar for your dedication and the many hours you put into making #scavhunt so enjoyable.

bikesnick
    Participant

2/23/2024 – apart

We place some our trash APART for recycling to be better stewards of our resources and land.

ChristinaSwartz
    Participant

2/23/24 apart

AlanA
    Participant

2/23/2024 – Apart

The Civil War tore this area (and the country) apart.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/23/24 APART

Although these children are physically close together, a wall keeps them apart.

DCAKen
    Participant

2/23/24 Apart

I went out looking for social distancing signs and ghostly remains of the six foot circles to keep us apart, but couldn’t in the failing light. So I had to fall back on the neighborhood luxury apartments

JoM
    Participant

2/23/2024 -Apart

Like DCAKen, found apartments in Hyattsville, couldn’t get any closer, since the sidewalk on that side is closed off.

Laurie E.
    Participant

2/23/24 – apart

Surrattsville HS has classrooms apart from the main building.

Indiana
    Participant

2/23 apart – one of these speed bump guys is creeping apart from the others

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

2/23 – Never forget those who are no longer APART of this world 🌎 (Pentagon 9/11 Memorial) APART(w/ wordsmith assistance from @HokieBeth;-)

Nadine
    Participant

Hahaha good one, @Indiana

Nadine
    Participant

2/23/24 – APART

Here the 4 mile run trail splits apart from the W&OD – and this is also where we’re directed to part with it for the next coupla months 

bikingjenn
    Participant

2/23/24 APART these chairs in front of Marymount University caught my eye because of how they were set APART from one another. Maybe this is it was a holdover from Covid pods? But also sets this submission apart from prior ones is that I now understand that this is a photography contest as much as it is a scavenger hunt (Thanks for clarifying that @kelley. I misunderstood and thought the hunt was the point. Now I get it. Slow to the party. With that, I present you CHAIRS APART…[NSFW].

drevil
    Participant

2/23/24 – APART

Disappointed in the shoddy work done applying the reflective hiker & biker symbol on the new College Park Trolley Trail extension in Hyattsville. After about a month, they’re already coming APART! 🙁

APART

Kbikeva
    Participant

@bikingjenn – there’s no photo attached for your submission for APART

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 2,274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.