Likes Likes:  382
Dislikes Dislikes:  32
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
    $10,000!!! I don't need to pay that type of money to ride in horrible conditions. I can stay in my house for free!!
    One thing that isn't free is Alan's email address. I will sell it to you for 5 bucks!

2. Likes LhasaCM, CBGanimal, Steve O, Emm liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Might as well post it since a bunch of y'all saw it. We(the folks headed to Sang Froid distillery from Md Meadworks) were leaving this tiny little park trail from 41st to Crittenden in Hyattsville. The good people of Hyattsville parks dept obviously expected the trail to be used by walkers, or kids biking to the sidewalk, not the sort of folks who would bike onto the street. So after the flexpost at trail end you have to jog left on the sidewalk a couple of feet before a hard right into the street and then up Crittenden. Somehow everyone else did this with no problem, but yours truly fell over. I got right up no damage to me or the bike, though once home I did notice a small bruise on my right thigh (I will spare y'all a pic) Given how my feet were feeling at that point, the bruise was nothing.

4. Likes LhasaCM, wheels&wings, Emm, Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Welcome to part of my regular commute home. I take this little shortcut in order to avoid going uphill on route 1 during busy traffic times. The first few times I did this, I did the left and then right like your group did. But for a while now I have opted to actually go right onto the sidewalk and then look over my left shoulder in order to judge when it's safe to use one of the drive-way cut-throughs to go out onto the road and continue on in the same direction.

Heal fast.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Might as well post it since a bunch of y'all saw it. We(the folks headed to Sang Froid distillery from Md Meadworks) were leaving this tiny little park trail from 41st to Crittenden in Hyattsville. The good people of Hyattsville parks dept obviously expected the trail to be used by walkers, or kids biking to the sidewalk, not the sort of folks who would bike onto the street. So after the flexpost at trail end you have to jog left on the sidewalk a couple of feet before a hard right into the street and then up Crittenden. Somehow everyone else did this with no problem, but yours truly fell over. I got right up no damage to me or the bike, though once home I did notice a small bruise on my right thigh (I will spare y'all a pic) Given how my feet were feeling at that point, the bruise was nothing.

6. Likes lordofthemark, LhasaCM, komorebi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default London Bridge Prize contestants 2019

Here’s my list of London Bridge contestants. Who am I missing?

Some of the crashes were really, really bad. Others were comical. Some were soul-crushing. Several hurt like hell. Some were all of the above. Quality and quantity both count.

Hugs and healing wishes to all. w&w

Ltierstein… 1
    BikingJenn…1
    Komorebi…1
    Sunyata.. 1
    Dachs6…3
    SamDenes…3
    Bob James…8
    Drevil…2
    Mtansill…3
    Boomer2U…1
    Awitt…1
    Judd…2
    LordoftheMark…1
    Pierre…1
    Luther S...3
    Richard B...2
    Elizabeth I Like Wheels...1
    Toubob W...1
    Filipe..1
    Jrenaut and Gremlin2…1
    Last edited by wheels&wings; 03-20-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: adding names...and one more for Judd :(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    ... Quality and quantity both count.
    So Bob James doesn't win outright just because he was riding on ice with soft cushy snow to land in all winter? Good deal.

9. Likes Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I managed to do an endo on a CaBi Plus yesterday on 21st street on the way home from work. Iím not exactly sure how I did it. I was going probably 8 miles at the time and used both brakes. A taxi stopped somewhat abruptly in front of me.

The right elbow is a bit sore and the right knee got tweaked a bit again but Iím ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    So I managed to do an endo on a CaBi Plus yesterday on 21st street on the way home from work. Iím not exactly sure how I did it. I was going probably 8 miles at the time and used both brakes. A taxi stopped somewhat abruptly in front of me.

The right elbow is a bit sore and the right knee got tweaked a bit again but Iím ok.

Not a good ending to BASF...hope you heal fast...especially in time for yoga!

12. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery and belated Happy Birthday

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if wheels&wings is going to sponsor this prize again for 2020, but may I suggest that we just use #londonbridge as a hashtag going forward to eliminate some maintenance that has to happen every year now?

I've updated the leaderboard to allow either #londonbridge or #fs2020londonbridge

And we already have 2 folks who have tagged #londonbridge - Adriana and MaryEllsworth!

15. Likes CBGanimal, sszibler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to point out to new participants that this is a #thing.

The bike's fine, thanks for asking (and so am I)

17. Likes Steve O, Hancockbs, kwarkentien liked this post