Likes Likes:  212
Dislikes Dislikes:  26
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Post Thanks / Like

I have two entries for London Bridges:
    1. A fall on black ice last night around 6:30 pm on the College Park Trolley Trail in Riverdale Junction. It was so slick that I kept sliding once I hit the ground. I probably only traveled 20' but it felt like I was sliding forever. Would have been funny to have a video of that.
    2. Another fall this morning, on the Klingle Valley Trail, which was a sheet of ice. I was riding on the leaves/gravel on the side of the trail and hit a hole underneath all the leaves. Luckily, that fall was padded by a big pile of leaves and I was going slow.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    If I could get away with throwing money at the problem I immediately would. Long-term I'll get myself some fancy wheels and relegate the stock set to abusive conditions.
    We should talk! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing good for about 35 miles in fog and black ice in the dark. Just when the temps were rising above freezing, I neared a busy intersection with a long light. I was on the Prince William Parkway trail and made a quick (and foolish) decision to cut left off the trail onto the road to hit the light faster before it changed. The fall was witnessed by about 100 commuters. Needless to say I did not make the light as I dropped landing on left hip and wrist. I also scratched my sunglasses landing on my face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_090406429_HDR.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	16104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_202814129.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	16105

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it really qualify for London Bridge if it's not freezing out! I went down today by the SV 07 Heddernheim fields. I was leading a HDCC ride along the Nidda to Bad Vilbel when I saw that three members of our group had fallen behind. I made a u-turn to close the gap and as I made the second u-turn I drifted to the side of the lane where there is a four cobblestone gutter pan. I hit one of the stones that was slightly raised and had a sheen (not Charlie) of mud and my wheel slid slowly sideways and down I went. No pretty pictures and no damage to me or the bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Entry number 2 for me: Coming down the Custis between Oak and Nash, carefree because it had remained above freezing all night, I was somehow launched suddenly to my left down the grassy hill toward the Key Bridge Marriot building. Landed on my left side, so no damage other than to my tights, a bruised left butt cheek, and dirt on my pannier, etc.. Had to straighten out the handlebar and my right shoe's pedal cleat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    I was doing good for about 35 miles in fog and black ice in the dark. Just when the temps were rising above freezing, I neared a busy intersection with a long light. I was on the Prince William Parkway trail and made a quick (and foolish) decision to cut left off the trail onto the road to hit the light faster before it changed. The fall was witnessed by about 100 commuters. Needless to say I did not make the light as I dropped landing on left hip and wrist. I also scratched my sunglasses landing on my face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_090406429_HDR.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	16104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180109_202814129.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	16105
    Perhaps we should start a strawberry patch?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

London Bridge #2. I was on my Pugsley and decided to attempt the muddy single track between the Eschersheimer Freibad and Bonames. Everything was very soft and when I got out to the field by NSG Riedwiese it was flooded, about 100 to 150 feet across. The single track is at the edge of the field by the right bank of the Nidda River and the bank is elevated about three feet from the level of the field. This was slightly firmer, but there was a grove of trees blocking that route and I had to go through about 15 feet of the flooded area. Fine, the water only looked about six inches deep, but unfortunately the grass/mud underneath was another four to six inches and then I hit the raspberry canes at the edge of the grove, the thorns snagged on my clothes and it caused just enough lost of momentum that I tipped over into the muddy slop. Only injuries were to my dignity, riding four miles home with one brown leg and one black leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I'm in with 4! :D

In solidarity with suffering mamils everywhere, I humbly report in with 3 falls on the 'hellacious' black ice of Silver Spring January 8 and an especially humiliating splatter in our K-street parking garage this morning. Who said K street is only posh?

Post Thanks / Like

1/17/2018 6:30am

Still in the dark and snowing, at about 7 miles in on a 10 mile morning commute, I took a nice wipeout on the sidewalk on Independence on the north side of the Tidal Basin on what is apparently called the Kutz Bridge. Limped it the rest of the way. And, gulp, lyfted home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jepstein View Post
    1/17/2018 6:30am

Still in the dark and snowing, at about 7 miles in on a 10 mile morning commute, I took a nice wipeout on the sidewalk on Independence on the north side of the Tidal Basin on what is apparently called the Kutz Bridge. Limped it the rest of the way. And, gulp, lyfted home.
    More like "Klutz" bridge amirite?