Likes Likes:  382
Dislikes Dislikes:  32
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping to see if there are any new reports given the conditions of the past couple days.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed this thread. I had one crash on Feb 4. My first ride post-blizzard without snow tires. Ice. I don't crash often so hopefully I won't win this particular contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Put Vicegrip down for one more. Put a foot down on ice while sliding to a stop answering the stupid phone and almost did the splits. Turned the torso and slo-mo fell rather than become castrato.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally went down for my first fall of the season.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6575.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	11006

Will leave it to the judges to determine if it counts.

Sitting at my desk working on a knuckle busting staff action and the desk chair catastrophically fails, putting me down.

Snow, ice or winter weather didn't seem to play a role in the crash.

Post Thanks / Like

That's some interesting tile work behind the chair? Are you in a converted bathroom or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    I finally went down for my first fall of the season.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6575.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	11006

Will leave it to the judges to determine if it counts.

Sitting at my desk working on a knuckle busting staff action and the desk chair catastrophically fails, putting me down.

Snow, ice or winter weather didn't seem to play a role in the crash.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just the lovely putty color of the systems furniture cabinets. Not saying that a converted rest room wouldn't potentially be an upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who’ve been contributing to the London Bridge log. I must admit that I read this thread with fascination. Although “liking” would feel sadistic, I yearn to press an empathy button with each entry. And sometimes what you say is, frankly, painfully funny.

Believe me, I’ve been there too. Thanks for all the sharing and revelation. I know that we bicycle commuters can be a tough-as-nails lot. Freeze a few fingers, bleed some, all good, so long as we reach our destination. The London Bridge thread suggests that occasionally we can be vulnerable too. And that some of you may have future careers in stand-up (or fall-down) comedy.

At times we might even learn from our crashes. In January, for example, I cut a commercial driveway lip at too narrow an angle. There was a car behind me and one beside me, so I thought I’d be safest entering the driveway near-parallel to the edge instead of veering out into traffic. Of course my tire slid on the lip and my skin slid on the concrete. I will never ever do that one again.

In any case, thank you for sharing. I hope there’s nothing more to report on this London Bridge/ “I’m goin’ down” thread. But if there is, please keep those reports coming. Be safe. Hugs to each of you. w&w

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I get to add one more fall for a total of six. I was out fatbiking on Trukhaniv Island on trails that were a mixture of packed or loose sand, dirt, frozen or moist mud, and grass. In one particularly messy stretch, I took a poor line and let my rear wheel slide in mud that was on frozen mud. Ouch, I'll have a good bruise on my right thigh soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0745[1].jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	11010

Post Thanks / Like

well shit. got hit by a car today but at least I get to add one to my tally. nothing broken on me or the bike, so that's nice
    Last edited by JonRobot; 03-14-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: turns out i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonRobot View Post
    well shit. got hit by a car today but at least I get to add one to my tally. nothing broen on or the bike, so that's nice
    So sorry about this. Glad you got away relatively unscathed but this is still such bad news.