Likes Likes:  72
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rule Question

I'm traveling north to New Hampshire this weekend for training. The hotel said they don't have real bikes, but that it's likely no one would say anything if I dragged one of their stationary bikes outside at midnight Sat-Sun if I put it back when I was done.

I'm in training from before until after the bike shops in town open-close so a rental isn't an option. Am wondering if this is a valid option, or if I'm going to have to pay to check my folding bike through, when I really don't want to have a checked back trying to fly back to DC on Sunday night.

Thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Would that be a 0-mile sleaze ride for 10 points, simply b/c it's outside? I'm thinking not, but I'm not the czar.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, a stationary bike doesn't count, even if its saddle is freezing.

DismalScientist is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Would that be a 0-mile sleaze ride for 10 points, simply b/c it's outside? I'm thinking not, but I'm not the czar.
    Actually, it will be a 0 mile ride for zero points, which is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

You should relax and enjoy the time off!!

(you're not on my team, right?)

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-21-16-34-14-1.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  17.1 KB

Pack one of these. Run a mile outside while carrying it at your hip (using 2 hands) or on your shoulder (1 hand) and name your strava segment "cx practice." Then I think you'll be good.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno...if you're willing to haul a stationary bike outside in the middle of the night in New Hampshire, I have no problem with you getting 11 points for your troubles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I dunno...if you're willing to haul a stationary bike outside in the middle of the night in New Hampshire, I have no problem with you getting 11 points for your troubles.
    No kidding. Take pix of the ride and the people around and you can have 11 of my points.

Do it. Spirit of FS to a T and 100% not to the rules. So wrong it is right.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 01-21-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Funny thing, when I started riding 10 miles on a nice day was a ride. Now 10 on a cold cruddy day is Sleaze.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I say if you can ride a regular bike in the parking garage (and it counts) then riding a stationary bike in sub-freezing temps sounds like it should count. Heck, doesn't sound much different than riding an e-bike for a sleaze ride.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

A potential rule amendment could be: Outdoor stationary bike rides are allowed, but only count for 11 points regardless of duration. I think it would have to be totally honor system though, although that's not really any different than manual Strava entries.