Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Four Mile Run Trail Closure Along South Glebe -- Options

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    That's it! I'm submitting a FOIA Request for everything in Tim Kelley's email box. As an Arlington resident, I demand full transparency of all Twitter posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Choiboy525 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Work is happening!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161207_111111-1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	12915

4. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like google maps is still routing people through the closed portion of 4MR. Sure, there are detour signs but shouldn't notifying google maps be on the list of things that get done when a major artery is closed? I will "report a problem".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elbows View Post
    Seems like google maps is still routing people through the closed portion of 4MR. Sure, there are detour signs but shouldn't notifying google maps be on the list of things that get done when a major artery is closed? I will "report a problem".
    I made an edit on Google Map Maker to designate the construction status as "Closed for maintenance" for the affected segments. If it is approved (I provided a link to the project page in my comment), it will take a few days before it goes into effect.

7. Likes CaseyKane50, Erin Potter, KLizotte, elbows liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like bobco85's edit was effective.

Here's another comment. Maybe it would make sense for staff to spend a little time in the area affected by a major trail closure considering the clearness of communication of the detour and the alternatives. Last night it was cold and I was late for a meeting and on a CaBi. I didn't feel like taking the long detour so I thought I would see how bad Glebe was for the 3 blocks. Feeling vulnerable with the speeding cars, I hopped onto the sidewalk. In one stretch, the untrimmed bushes took away about half the width of the already slim sidewalk. I know that there are bigger fish to fry in the cycling world, but I also wonder how much consideration is given to the impacts of a closure.

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	12952
    Last edited by elbows; 12-14-2016 at 05:26 PM.

9. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another comment. Maybe it would make sense for staff to spend a little time in the area affected by a major trail closure considering the clearness of communication of the detour and the alternatives. Last night it was cold and I was late for a meeting and on a CaBi. I didn't feel like taking the long detour so I thought I would see how bad Glebe was for the 3 blocks. Feeling vulnerable with the speeding cars, I hopped onto the sidewalk. In one stretch, the untrimmed bushes took away about half the area of the already slim sidewalk. I know that there are bigger fish to fry in the cycling world, but I also wonder how much consideration is given to the impacts of a closure.
    I am virtually certain that county staff spends very little, if any, time attempting to experience what riders actually encounter. I know this from my conversations with them about all sorts of things in the county that would be instantly apparent to anyone who had actually ridden their bike there.

11. Likes elbows liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another comment. Maybe it would make sense for staff to spend a little time in the area affected by a major trail closure considering the clearness of communication of the detour and the alternatives. Last night it was cold and I was late for a meeting and on a CaBi. I didn't feel like taking the long detour so I thought I would see how bad Glebe was for the 3 blocks. Feeling vulnerable with the speeding cars, I hopped onto the sidewalk. In one stretch, the untrimmed bushes took away about half the width of the already slim sidewalk. I know that there are bigger fish to fry in the cycling world, but I also wonder how much consideration is given to the impacts of a closure.

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	12952
    I see people entering the closed trail and coming out of it all the time. Especially when it gets dark... Not sure how bad it is, but some people love to not follow rules.

13. Likes elbows liked this post