Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2

Thread: BAFS2016 Opening Night Hains Point Party aka I Have No Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS2016 Opening Night Hains Point Party aka I Have No Life

So since we all had so much fun at the BAFS2015 LNHPP I (foolishly) thought it would be a great idea to have a similar event for the kickoff of BAFS2016.

I plan to start from Shirlington in front of the library, meeting around 11pm NYE and rolling towards HP around 11:15pm. The loops will start at the stroke of midnight and continue until we tire of it. And it dovetails perfectly into my sidebet/pointless prize for the first 10 people to complete 5 laps at HP (starting from the gate on the east side by the golf course entrance).

Anyone who's up for some fun (or similarly has no life) is welcome to join in the fun.

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a silly question, but are the gates there because they close the park at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    This may be a silly question, but are the gates there because they close the park at night?
    During certain hours, Hains Point is closed to cars, but still open to bicycles. The gates are there to keep cars out. The hours when cars can't get in are actually the best ones to cycle there.

Post Thanks / Like

The gates are also closed when the point floods.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful night for a night ride at HP. Karen, see you soon. Happy New Year everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful ride and we got our five laps in before the gates were closed. Thanks for coming out and playing our silly game.

Post Thanks / Like

That was loads of fun and a great way to start the new year. We got to see some of the National Harbor fireworks too. Thanks for getting us out there, Karen!