Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now what? (Or how we can all elbow in on Sunyata)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Hey! where was that idea last year?
    Ha. I hate to guess how much $ it would have required to get a guy who rides unsupported double centuries for fun to back off.

2. Likes KelOnWheels, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it time to ride a bike yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    Is it time to ride a bike yet?
    It's always time to ride a bike. It's just that the points won't count for Freezing Saddles yet.

5. Likes Boomer2U, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for my lack of responses over the past week. I left town for the holidays and pretty much unplugged while in the middle of nowhere.

I have all the data and am going to be spending the next couple of days devising the best way to break up the teams (not quite sure how many teams or how many riders per team yet).

I am planning on doing random assignments with local teams for those that want them (to the best of my ability, some of you who indicated no preference may get put on a local team).

7. Likes schvin, sjclaeys, GovernorSilver, Mikey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Sorry for my lack of responses over the past week. I left town for the holidays and pretty much unplugged while in the middle of nowhere.

I have all the data and am going to be spending the next couple of days devising the best way to break up the teams (not quite sure how many teams or how many riders per team yet).

I am planning on doing random assignments with local teams for those that want them (to the best of my ability, some of you who indicated no preference may get put on a local team).
    No matter what you choose, it will be better than the ones my lazy butt wouldn't put together.

9. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post

Thanks for the time and work on this!

Unasked for random thoughts. More teams is not a bad thing. Teams big enough that one rider does not kill it for the rest but small enough that each rider matters.

11. Likes Amalitza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Thanks for the time and work on this!

Unasked for random thoughts. More teams is not a bad thing. Teams big enough that one rider does not kill it for the rest but small enough that each rider matters.
    I would also vote for more teams, not bigger teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh, (bangs forehead with palm) turn on the Strava, old man

Now, if I can just remember to turn on the damn Strava. I usually get about half way through the ride before I remember it. Luckily my usual routes don't vary a lot so I can add an accurate manual entry. But I prefer to get all the feedback from the App. Not sure what I'm going to have to do make it second nature to turn it on when I head out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S. Arlington Observer View Post
    Now, if I can just remember to turn on the damn Strava. I usually get about half way through the ride before I remember it. Luckily my usual routes don't vary a lot so I can add an accurate manual entry. But I prefer to get all the feedback from the App. Not sure what I'm going to have to do make it second nature to turn it on when I head out.
    Post-it note on your handlebar? :-D

15. Likes S. Arlington Observer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay folks! After three-ish days of slaving away over the registration info, the team assignments are done! If someone registered AFTER 11:29 am today, they were not assigned to a team (sorry ).

The name tag czar has the info and is currently slaving away making beautiful name tags for the kick off Happy Hour.

And no, you can not bribe me with beer to get an early glimpse of the teams.

However, you CAN bribe me with a brand new Carbon Salsa Warbird! (Kidding... Sort of.)

I tried to get everyone that did not want to be on a local team on a mixed team, but unfortunately a few of you (not many) were assigned to a local team. Everyone that wanted a local team was put on a local team. You are welcome.

There ARE more teams this year and the teams are slightly bigger than last year (but not by much). So it will still be personal and fun and you will definitely be able to make a difference in how your team does.

And despite being bribed by dcv, I did not put him, Vicegrip, Rod Smith, and ewilliams0305 on the same team. I put myself, Vicegrip, Rod Smith, and ewilliams0305 on the same team. (Kidding... or am I?)

Anyway, get in a few last miles for 2015 and get ready to ride tomorrow! The skies are going to clear up and the SUN is going to come out!
    Name:  Snow Bike.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  89.0 KB