Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Reflective Neon Green Bands - Get 'em while they're hot

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles Reflective Neon Green Bands - Get 'em while they're hot

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    They are in! Some who came to the chili & a movie last night already have them. Keep an eye out.
    January 1 is fast approaching, and many of you are wondering, "How will I know if that good-looking person on a bike over there is a Freezing Saddles player?"
    Well, first, if they are on a bike in the dead of winter, that's a good sign. Second, if they are good looking. . .well, if they aren't playing, they oughta be.

However, if they or their bike are sporting one of these, then no guesswork is involved, and you can sidle up with your conversation starter all ready to go.

About 20 players have procured them through me directly, but that's not going to work for everyone. Now available through the mail.

Add $1 for postage and such. So pricing for mail delivery is: xxxxxxxxxxx (See new pricing in later post)

You may pay me through PayPal (PayPal.me/steveoffutt), then PM me with your postal address.

Then start looking for the green.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Steve O; 12-29-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: they are not blurry in real life

2. Likes Boomer2U, ramblingrider, KWL, vern liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the green bands be available to purchase at the Happy Hour or should I use the PayPal route?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shardg View Post
    Will the green bands be available to purchase at the Happy Hour?
    I hope so. I will not be there myself, so I will need someone honest and dependable to bring them in my stead. The FCCII people all disqualified themselves, admitting to being either dishonest or undependable (or both). I am confident I will find someone, eventually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diogenes.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	10288

5. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So a bunch of you have your orders in. Thanks.
    They should go out in the mail on Monday, so hopefully you will have them prior to the start.

If you get your order in by tomorrow night, I will include it with Monday's shipments.

BTW, some with PayPal accounts were having trouble with the PayPal.me link. If that's you, just send directly from your PayPal to my email:
    my first name @offuttemail daht calm

Replace "my first name" with my 5-letter first name.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bands by mail program on hold

Hello all,
    When I went to the PO today I heard something completely different than what I heard at a different PO last week. So I'm suspending the mail program until I figure out how much it is actually costing me. My apologies.

Those of you who already ordered them, they are on their way one way or another. However, I don't know if they will arrive postage due or get returned or what. I placed a number of them in a mailbox with insufficient postage so we'll see what happens. Some that went out today should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corrected pricing for Reflective Bands by Mail

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, it turns out the shipping costs are as much as the bands themselves in batches of 1 or 2. However, if you can band (haha) together and order in groups, the per unit cost can be reduced.

I hope to be at the circle of cycles for at least a little while on New Years Day morning, and Boomer has agreed to bring them to the first happy hour. So those are additional options at the regular $5 for 2, $3 for 1. Also, if you are along the R-B corridor or the Custis or near EFC--either for work or life--we may be able to meet or I can drop them off for you somewhere. Or pass them through a friend. PM me with your proposal.
    Hopefully will be at HDCC (Imperial) tomorrow.

If mail still looks like your favored option, here are prices, including shipping costs.

1 - $6.00
    2 - $8.00
    3 - $10.25
    4 - $12.50
    5 - $14.75
    6 - $17.00
    8 - $20.00
    $2.00 each additional after 8

PayPal.me/steveoffutt
    Last edited by Steve O; 12-29-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are mine

Name:	IMAG0544.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	10315

Name:	IMAG0545.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	10316

10. Likes Boomer2U, kwarkentien liked this post
    ELITE Steve O ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Green bands

Quote Originally Posted by shardg View Post
    Will the green bands be available to purchase at the Happy Hour or should I use the PayPal route?
    I plan to purchase at a Happy hour. Thanks. This is a great idea.

12. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just handed them off to Boomer, who will have them at the kick-off happy hour. There are already more than 100 in circulation, so keep your eye out for the green.

If you sent me money through PayPal, then I put them in the mail for you. If you have not received them prior to the happy hour, then PM me and I will tell Boomer to give you replacements. Some people have reported receiving them already, so hopefully yours will show up, too.

14. Likes Boomer2U, Mtansill, jwetzel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another USPS success story here. I keep the bands with my helmet, and they have helped me remember to start and stop Strava to avoid manual data entry.

Tip for the Android phone users: add the Strava widget to a home screen, it saves time and effort over using the app to record, which is especially nice when it's so chilly out. Also: when done, tap Stop and then you can tap Finish when you're inside, warm, and have WiFi.

Thank you, Steve!
    Last edited by peterw_diy; 01-06-2016 at 02:56 PM.

16. Likes Steve O liked this post