Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Data and techie stuff thread for BAFS 2016

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    Would this be a good place to ask about a leader board issue? The two people currently holding us all on their shoulders only have 1 point each, but show 1 mile and 1 day ridden. Other 1 mile/1 day riders show 11 points. Did they just ride short miles?
    Yes. If you ride < 1.0 mile then you don't get the bonus 10 points (per day).

Note that Strava records in metric/SI measurements under the hood, so there is rounding involved. I think there was an issue in a previous year where some people unintentionally ended up with 0.99 mile rides.

The leaderboard also rounds to the nearest mile. One of those two riders did a 0.6 mile ride, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason my rides from Jan 1, 2, & 3 don't show up in the stats. It may be because I didn't join the FS Strava club until then, but I thought it would go back and grab those rides. Any ideas how to get them included?

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hancockbs View Post
    For some reason my rides from Jan 1, 2, & 3 don't show up in the stats. It may be because I didn't join the FS Strava club until then, but I thought it would go back and grab those rides. Any ideas how to get them included?
    Do they show up on the "my rides" page? -- which you get to by clicking "Log In" on upper right of FS website.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Do they show up on the "my rides" page? -- which you get to by clicking "Log In" on upper right of FS website.
    Yes, they do show on the FS site, but don't show on the Strava FS or Team 13 groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, then, sorry. If they are on the FS site, they are "in Strava". Typically when you look at a club page you are just seeing past week, so that is likely the issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Not sure, then, sorry. If they are on the FS site, they are "in Strava". Typically when you look at a club page you are just seeing past week, so that is likely the issue?
    It seems to have self corrected. Thanks for looking into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is not a big thing all in all but can we find Mark P and get a elevation entry cleanup? I am missing my Fav chart.

8. Likes sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a tech question. Is there a way to force a refresh of the data? There is a weird and incorrect outlier in the elevation data. Mark P had a ride that showed a very high and false elevation gain that was corrected later. (How was it corrected? Stava runs such elevation profile fixing algorithms in the background. Using digital elevation models in place of GPS or smart phone collection data.)

He is shown in the BAFS2016 records as having 123,889 feet of gain over just 152 miles. Or an average of about 15% grade the whole time. His own Strava profile does not show that, but only a gain of 4,524 feet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mark p outlier.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	10428

Post Thanks / Like

The data should automatically refresh (every night?). How long ago was this corrected? It may be that our "is-it-different?" algorithm is not accounting for changes in elevation data only.

Post Thanks / Like

Been orbiting all weekend.