Likes Likes:  148
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Registration for Freezing Saddles 2016 is now open!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    How about just advocating for each person's correct spelling?
    No. No. We cannot have that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    In fact the letter "C" would be bumped off on day one. All it does is mess things up by acting like two other existing letters.
    My last name is Cicotello (sick-o-tell-o), some kind of Ellis Island mangling of the Italian name Ciccotello (chick-o-tell-o). We've been misspelling and mispronouncing our own name for about two generations now, and members of my family disagree on what's correct.

You think Kelly/Kelley is bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Are the miles from last year that important for team assignments? I am not going to ride nearly as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we do need the miles from last year. How much you personally are going to ride this year is not critical. The miles from last year are used only to set up teams with approximately equal abilities. (We don't want to accidentally put all the people who typically ride over 150 miles a week onto the same team.) We can expect that some on the team will ride far less than last year, and some will ride far more. But we can also expect that with teams of about 10 people, the ones who ride less and the ones who ride more will balance out. The only exception would be if someone was in the top 25 riders last year, and anticipated not riding much at all this year, in which case that can be noted in the answer to the "ringer" question.

No one should hesitate to sign up just because he or she anticipates riding fewer miles this year than last. Seriously, we will work this out.

Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    Are the miles from last year that important for team assignments? I am not going to ride nearly as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I was concerned since I was in the top 25 and didn't want to mess things up for the new team. I'll put a note down in the ringer question then.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you guys did it. You not only got me to sign up for BAFS, but now I'm on Strava.

Time to figure out what I signed up for... and get warm gloves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Well you guys did it. You not only got me to sign up for BAFS, but now I'm on Strava.

Time to figure out what I signed up for... and get warm gloves.
    Come to the Dark Side -- we have Pointless Prizes!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Kitty,

Like you, I have just stumbled into this madness. Last year my only connections to BAFS were (a) watching from my warm, cozy kitchen as a neighbor foolishly headed out on his bike on freezing mornings, and (b) bitching about how clearing the snow from the W&OD ruined it for skiers. And now I is a BAFSer.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was checking out the Strava leaderboard for BAFS2016 and noticed that the leader for average speed has been logging some intense sufferfest videos. Trainer rides don't count once the new year rolls around.

Is it still up to the participants to indicate #NOBAFS in their ride title? Is that clearly stated for the new folks?

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    I was checking out the Strava leaderboard for BAFS2016 and noticed that the leader for average speed has been logging some intense sufferfest videos. Trainer rides don't count once the new year rolls around.

Is it still up to the participants to indicate #NOBAFS in their ride title? Is that clearly stated for the new folks?
    Strava does have a box that can be checked to show the ride is on a stationary trainer and I believe those rides are excluded from the BAFS stats.