Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Cyclist killed in SW DC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cyclist killed in SW DC

30-year-old Christopher Brewer of Southeast, DC was killed as the result of a car crash this evening at 5:30pm. There are few details at this time.

A turning vehicle pulled into the path of a bicyclist traveling south in the 3500 block of Wheeler Road, Southeast, causing the bicyclist to impact the side of the vehicle, police said. The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where life-saving efforts failed, and he was pronounced dead.

This is not far from the DC-Maryland boundary, and not far from where David Haywood Williams was killed. The second driver who hit Williams was never found.

http://www.thewashcycle.com/2015/11/...ash-in-se.html

Post Thanks / Like

I did not know Christopher Brewer, but his horrid fate is one more reason to keep fighting for safer streets and intersections, stricter driving laws, and more rigorous enforcement....and to build a culture that better respects and protects the lives of people on bicycles. May he rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like

Riders in the 50 States pass very near that intersection. I have gone that way more than a few times while commuting to Suitland. There are usually very few bicycle riders out that way, I wonder if he is one of those few I saw out there these past few years.