Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King+Beauregard project

Post Thanks / Like

Will wonders never cease?

The rise of ground and the staircase in front of the health dept building, which was said to be out of scope, is now completely torn up. I assume for utility relocation? But it would appear that there is now no reason NOT to extend the MUT south of 28th Street (except perhaps the need to narrow in front of the dry cleaners). Though I have not heard anything about whether or not that is now the plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I noticed that too. It'd be a travesty if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity to extend the sidepath along there, which would provide connections to the bike lane on northbound Hampton, or onto the wide sidewalk further east along King.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone talked to Ray about this yet?

Post Thanks / Like

The block north of 28th and south of the new building, where the MUP is supposed to go, appears to have had some kind of turf put in to cover the new utilities. Evidently they don't plan to open the MUP section till a later phase, presumably after the newe building is built the MUP is open all the way to Beauregard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Will wonders never cease?

The rise of ground and the staircase in front of the health dept building, which was said to be out of scope, is now completely torn up. I assume for utility relocation? But it would appear that there is now no reason NOT to extend the MUT south of 28th Street (except perhaps the need to narrow in front of the dry cleaners). Though I have not heard anything about whether or not that is now the plan.
    There appears to be a retaining wall under construction in front of the health dept building. It looks to me like the way is being prepared to extend the MUP south of 28th as part of this project. However its not clear to me how the MUP (if that is indeed what will go there) would interact with the parking lot in front of Dutch Cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering that too...will the new right-of-way (for either road or MUP at this point) eat into the dry cleaners parking lot? Seems like an odd abrupt end, as opposed to widening it all the way to Hampton, where there is the automobile slip lane and bike lane.

It looks like the "6 ft sidewalk" will indeed cut across the front of the parking lot and go all the way to Hampton.

https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploade...(3.3%20MB).pdf
    Last edited by Fairlington124; 10-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.