Likes Likes:  413
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
ELITE ELITE:  47
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: ELF pedal electric car on W&OD

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=kcb203;128301]Anytime you're exceeding 25 mph you're breaking the law:QUOTE]

No. At speeds above 25 I convert into a moped under Virginia law. I am not permitted on a MUP at that speed, true, but I can ride on roads (which is the only place I've been able to achieve speeds above 25 anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    No. I'm here to correct the falsehoods and to prevent attempts to encourage vigilante actions against me. I'm also hoping to foster some understanding and more civil behavior from that one cyclist who screams obscenities at me as we pass.
    I have seen all kinds of people using all kinds of means of non automobile travel on the MUPs and roads. From 100 year old walkers working on the daily 1/4 mile shuffle to kitted up cyclists spinning a fast 50 to regular Jane and Joe people to the gentleman with one (1) arm and no (0) legs hand cranking out a hilly century in a fully human powered recumbent trike. Methods are sometimes suspect at times perhaps, but I can't say I have ever felt the need to yell at someone based on their mode of conveyance. You are entering into one of the most inclusive areas of US/people I have experienced and yet you are disturbing otherwise calm people on and off the trail. Reasonable people could consider that a Clue.

I quietly watched you and your actions on the trail a few times with the intent of seeing if in fact it was not a true disruption as sometimes things look disruptive but are not. My observations made me think it is in fact disruptive and if more common presents a true increased danger to others. I don't condone the yelling, cussing or any attempts in taking matters into own hands part but I have to admit can understand it. I think the person you need to foster the understanding in is not the guy yelling but his antagonist.

If you are trying to make others see your point you are doing a poor job of it. Your web presence is almost crusade like. You have seen a truth that is unseen to others and your goal seems to be to keep repeating the same "truth" until we all get it.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 11-20-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    At speeds above 25 I convert into a moped under Virginia law. I am not permitted on a MUP at that speed, true, but I can ride on roads (which is the only place I've been able to achieve speeds above 25 anyway).
    I'm no attorney, but even I can figure out the purpose of vehicle definitions in the statues is to regulate vehicles based on their characteristics and capabilities, not on how they are being operated in the moment. Your I-can-have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too interpretation of the law is what makes your position untenable and insultingly ridiculous.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

And I thought you wanted this thread to end.

Post Thanks / Like

I do! Every zombie whose head gets blasted open is replaced by another! Just like the zombie apocalypse!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to ask- Do you have any supporters that think you're in the right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I'd like to ask- Do you have any supporters that think you're in the right?
    Look out, everyone! More zombies!!

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

ALL of my supporters think I am in the right.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

My supporters usually think I'm wrong but they just don't care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcb203 View Post
    Why are small electric motors OK but gasoline ones are not, even if less powerful? Noise?
    And the stench.