Likes Likes:  420
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
ELITE ELITE:  47
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: ELF pedal electric car on W&OD

Post Thanks / Like

10,000 miles in two years? Dang! What is the Memorial Bridge tunnel? Congrats on the metric century efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

Did Solar car guy move to Idaho and join the Air Guard?

Idaho Guard uses electric bike at Gowen Field

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    In 24 months I've logged in excess of 10,000 miles by commuting 30 miles each day 3.5 days a week from Sterling to Tysons in an ELF. Fortunately I met my goal without injury or incident and consuming roughly the same amount of time as commuting by car in rush hour traffic.

Twice I've crossed the river and each time it was a metric century effort. (Yes the ELF fits through the Memorial Bridge tunnel!)

This experiment worked so well I plan to continue to combine exercise with commuting.

Fair warning: I'm building my own pedaling contraption which when it debuts on the W&OD is sure to horrify some and amuse others because it won't look like a bicycle or a car (or a pizza cutter).
    So what was the pedaling contraption? I have not seen the ELF in years. Maybe SolarBikeCar has retired to IDAHO!

Post Thanks / Like

AFHokie, your link is broken, here is the article:

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/A...t-gowen-field/

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    So what was the pedaling contraption? I have not seen the ELF in years. Maybe SolarBikeCar has retired to IDAHO!
    He is still in the DC area per his post here.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Organic Transit, the maker of the ELF is in Chapter 7 bankruptcy and is looking for a buyer. https://www.organictransitassetsale.com

Looks like the base model runs about $9k, which is a pretty touch price point for a consumer market. The article about how the Idaho National Guard was using it was really interesting and leaves me wondering if the company should have marketed it more towards the golf cart community type market and to municipalities for things like parking enforcement officers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Looks like Organic Transit, the maker of the ELF is in Chapter 7 bankruptcy and is looking for a buyer.
    Not to worry, there's still the PEBL.

7. Likes Judd liked this post