Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexandria City Election - Candidate responses on issues for people who walk and bike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    see the FABB questionnaire
    Ah I didn't know about FABB. They've got two questionnaire links up now:

http://www.fabb-bikes.org/index.html

Storck vs. Gandee - hmm may have to flip a coin on that one. I keed...

Oh and here's a Google Map showing the City of Alexandria's borders:
    https://goo.gl/maps/HsZBkUDqsww
    Last edited by GovernorSilver; 10-29-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Belle Haven is our current top contender because it's on the MVT so I can live "outside the beltway" and pay outside the beltway prices for a house, while still being able to bike to work, and husband can easily drive to his work from there.
    The one time I went to Spokes Etc. from the MVT on Belle View Blvd was a pain. No traffic light and no crosswalk to help anybody cross GW Parkway. I recall TerpFan reported a bike lane being planned for Belle View Blvd, but no word on making it easier for cyclists and pedestrians to access MVT from Belle View Blvd.

I forgot if there's a traffic light at Belle Haven Rd. and GW Parkway - don't recall seeing one. I could have sworn I've seen a sidewalk on the west side of GW Parkway, north of Belle Haven Rd - that might be something to ride on until you get to a traffic light that you can use to cross the parkway/S. Washington St.

EDIT: I didn't realize there's an FABB forum above this one - I should have posted some of my posts there. Sorry, City of Alexandria folks!
    Last edited by GovernorSilver; 10-29-2015 at 11:34 AM.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    The one time I went to Spokes Etc. from the MVT on Belle View Blvd was a pain. No traffic light and no crosswalk to help anybody cross GW Parkway. I recall TerpFan reported a bike lane being planned for Belle View Blvd, but no word on making it easier for cyclists and pedestrians to access MVT from Belle View Blvd.

I forgot if there's a traffic light at Belle Haven Rd. and GW Parkway - don't recall seeing one. I could have sworn I've seen a sidewalk on the west side of GW Parkway, north of Belle Haven Rd - that might be something to ride on until you get to a traffic light that you can use to cross the parkway/S. Washington St.

EDIT: I didn't realize there's an FABB forum above this one - I should have posted some of my posts there. Sorry, City of Alexandria folks!
    No, there's no light there. The southern most traffic light on the parkway is at S. Alfred St.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    If you do, be sure to also vote against Silberberg who couldn't even be bothered to reply to the questions.
    Ok, now that Silv*erberg is officially the new mayor - do we know why she didn't answer the questions? I can think of a million reasons, one of which could be "couldn't be bothered", but it might help to know the real reason or best guess from someone in the know. Maybe she was actually saving puppies from drowning while out re-paving a bike path and was too busy?

*because the b there is silly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Ok, now that Silv*erberg is officially the new mayor - do we know why she didn't answer the questions? I can think of a million reasons, one of which could be "couldn't be bothered", but it might help to know the real reason or best guess from someone in the know. Maybe she was actually saving puppies from drowning while out re-paving a bike path and was too busy?

*because the b there is silly
    Allison did not reply to the survey nor did she provide an explanation for not responding.