Likes Likes:  465
Dislikes Dislikes:  13
ELITE ELITE:  20
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315

Thread: Midnight Saddles

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    1,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Since the Culpepper & Seagull centuries have been cancelled, I guess that I'm running out of excuses not to join midnight saddles this evening....
    Except now I see that you cancelled it, and that crazy Sarah Bee has countered with the "Dead Man Joaquin" HP century challenge, oh my!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    HP road closed. Nowhere to ride. Calling Dead Man Joaquin Century off.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    1,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    HP road closed. Nowhere to ride. Calling Dead Man Joaquin Century off.
    Thank you, Joaquin

  4. #24
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Halloween Midnight Saddles ride

    Okay, all you phantoms, ghosts and hobgoblins, the rain-canceled Midnight Saddles ride is rescheduled for Halloween night, Saturday, October 31 at 11PM.

    So get your trick-or-treating done, put on (or keep on) your finest costume and join the fun.

    Additional details TBA.
    Please like this post if you are likely to join the ride.

  5. #25
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So I am just realizing the we get an extra hour that night. Daylight Saving Time ends at 2am Sunday morning.
    That's just one more reason you should come
    See you there. Boo!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike_lane-suspect.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	9869

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Okay, all you phantoms, ghosts and hobgoblins, the rain-canceled Midnight Saddles ride is rescheduled for Halloween night, Saturday, October 31 at 11PM.

    So get your trick-or-treating done, put on (or keep on) your finest costume and join the fun.

    Additional details TBA.
    Please like this post if you are likely to join the ride.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Okay, all you phantoms, ghosts and hobgoblins, the rain-canceled Midnight Saddles ride is rescheduled for Halloween night, Saturday, October 31 at 11PM.

    So get your trick-or-treating done, put on (or keep on) your finest costume and join the fun.

    Additional details TBA.
    Please like this post if you are likely to join the ride.
    Aww man I already signed up for a group ride on Halloween.

  7. #27
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    Aww man I already signed up for a group ride on Halloween.
    Do them both. Midnight Saddles doesn't even start until 11pm, so your other ride will be long over with time for a nap in between.

  8. #28
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Get your costumes ready!

    Here's the route



    I received some inside intelligence that E. Capitol Street has some badass Halloween decorations, so I put it on our route.

    We will end at Osman & Joe's Steak & Egg Kitchen in Friendship Heights. I'm told it's small, but we'll just smoosh in (or sit outside) if necessary.

    Then, while we are eating our steak and eggs, we can watch the clocks magically change from 2am to 1am. That will allow us to order another breakfast as though the first one never happened.

    We start at the Washington Monument at 11 PM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1818852650_e083eb0a59.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	9913

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mapmyride isn't playing well with my work's security settings and I can't see it clearly on my phone. Is this an out and back? So we'll ride to Friendship Heights, eat, and then come back into the city? I'm not really sure I want to be biking back to where I parked (metro center) after 2am by myself. :-(

    Editing to add: I'm pretty sure this thread is the reason why I've had "Up All Night" by The Boomtown Rats in my head all afternoon.
    Last edited by Tania; 10-29-2015 at 03:45 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Mapmyride isn't playing well with my work's security settings and I can't see it clearly on my phone. Is this an out and back? So we'll ride to Friendship Heights, eat, and then come back into the city? I'm not really sure I want to be biking back to where I parked (metro center) after 2am by myself. :-(

    Editing to add: I'm pretty sure this thread is the reason why I've had "Up All Night" by The Boomtown Rats in my head all afternoon.
    I'll need to ride back down to the 14th St Bridge to get home so I'm sure there will be people to ride with you back to (or near) where you started. Of course you could just ride all the way in and then caravan back out to home.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •