Likes Likes:  465
Dislikes Dislikes:  13
ELITE ELITE:  20
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Saddles

Post Thanks / Like

Is midnight the start time, or will that be earlier? in DC or VA? And is there a projected finish time? This sounds totally fun, though it may not work for those of us needing some sleep Friday night (in order to drive a carpool of gymnasts on the beltway Saturday morning). Maybe I could join you for the first few miles, depending on the timing….

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Is midnight the start time, or will that be earlier? in DC or VA? And is there a projected finish time? This sounds totally fun, though it may not work for those of us needing some sleep Friday night.
    Projected start time: 11 PM, at George (that tall thing in the middle of the mall)
    Projected ride end time: 1 AM-ish at 24-hour diner somewhere
    Projected event end time (for those who choose to hang out at the diner): 2:30ish

As suggested for the original Midnight Saddles ride, those with Saturday morning obligations may want to skip. Last time some riders peeled off prior to the end, with about 1/2 of us hanging out for post-ride food and drink.

I've heard a smattering of interest for a Saturday night, costumed, Midnight Saddles ride on October 31, which may be better for people who can sleep in on Sundays more so than Saturdays. TBD and TBA.

Falls Church VA or Bristol UK ���� or Sao Paulo, Brazil ��
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun, but regrets, as I am one of those planning to do the Culpepper County Century the morning after.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have your pontoons ready.

Post Thanks / Like

The first Midnight Saddles was a great time. Unfortunately I need to wake early Saturday morning this time. But no better place to be in the middle of the night than riding through central DC.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Midnight Saddles ride will happen on Friday night, pending:
    - Weather. Midnight Saddles is supposed to be fun. We'll ride in a light rain or intermittent rain, but if it looks like misery, then I'll cancel.
    Hard rain and 20 mph winds for middle of the night Friday. I'm all for burnishing my Rule 9 bona fides, but I'm postponing Friday's Midnight Saddles ride anyway.

Pencil in Saturday, October 31 for the next (costumed) Midnight Saddles.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is up for it, going to knock out a century tonight after work at Hains Point- calling it the unofficial "Dead Man Joaquin Century". Hope to finish by midnight.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    If anyone is up for it, going to knock out a century tonight after work at Hains Point- calling it the unofficial "Dead Man Joaquin Century". Hope to finish by midnight.
    Your supposed to get about three inches of rain during the next several hours. Depending on the tides, Hains Point may have flooding issues, but expect major ponding issues on Ohio Drive. Luckily low tide is 6:57 this evening, high tide at 12:19 Saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Hard rain and 20 mph winds for middle of the night Friday. I'm all for burnishing my Rule 9 bona fides, but I'm postponing Friday's Midnight Saddles ride anyway.

Pencil in Saturday, October 31 for the next (costumed) Midnight Saddles.
    SteveO- you know you want to come out to Hains Point tonight and Rule 9 it up!!!

Falls Church VA or Bristol UK ���� or Sao Paulo, Brazil ��
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Sounds like fun, but regrets, as I am one of those planning to do the Culpepper County Century the morning after.
    Since the Culpepper & Seagull centuries have been cancelled, I guess that I'm running out of excuses not to join midnight saddles this evening....