Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Saddles

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Midnight Saddles

Slightly too late for National Bike Challenge, but I am considering Friday, October 2 for the next Midnight Saddles ride. If there is a clear preference (that is, a lot more people who are likely going to actually show up cannot do it Friday) for Saturday, October 3 instead, I'll consider it.

2. Likes streetsmarts, KLizotte, bobco85, Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm OOT on 10/2, fly back 10/3 getting back ~11pm and I'll need to get my ride in for the day before midnight.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in Philly Sat night but I may not have a bike Fri night anyway (if Cannondale sells fast and I don't yet have the Salsa) so don't include me in your decision as to date.

(But YAY FOR MIDNIGHT SADDLES! Last ride was super enjoyable.)

Post Thanks / Like

Alas I suspect by midnight on Oct 2, I'll be in the last hour of my flight to Japan, somewhere over Hokkaido (depending on the flight path). Though technically it will that weird "twilight zone" where by crossing the international dateline, I'm not going to experience midnight on Oct 2...

So I'm likely not going to make it. Bummer!

Post Thanks / Like

How about Friday, October 10? Both Seagull Century and Culpeper are on Saturday the 3rd, which might limit participation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    How about Friday, October 9? Both Seagull Century and Culpeper are on Saturday the 3rd, which might limit participation.
    That would be a fine day for a Midnight Saddles ride, except I cannot participate due to family obligations. Others are welcome to organize a ride for that night--either instead of or in addition.
    Hopefully there are enough people who are not riding a century on Saturday 10/3 to get a quorom for October 2.

The next date I could organize and participate would be October 30/31, which we could do in costume.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    That would be a fine day for a Midnight Saddles ride, except I cannot participate due to family obligations. Others are welcome to organize a ride for that night--either instead of or in addition.
    Hopefully there are enough people who are not riding a century on Saturday 10/3 to get a quorom for October 2.

The next date I could organize and participate would be October 30/31, which we could do in costume.
    I think s costumed Halloween midnight saddles would be amazing!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Yes! This! I have a panda suit that would be high-viz! (Plus I wouldn't be traveling anymore. Oct 9/10 I'll be wandering around Sendai.)

Post Thanks / Like

Still don't have a road bike but I did take my mountain bike out Saturday on the paved trails and it didn't really slow me down. So I have a bike to ride this Friday if you wind up hosting Midnight Saddles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Friday's Midnight Saddles ride

Midnight Saddles ride will happen on Friday night, pending:
    - Enough people. I'd like to have at least 6 confirmed. If you plan to come, please <Like> the first post in this thread, or post a note to the thread like Tania.
    - Weather. Midnight Saddles is supposed to be fun. We'll ride in a light rain or intermittent rain, but if it looks like misery, then I'll cancel.

Exact route forthcoming. It will be different than last time with a different endpoint.