Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Power of 10 Challenge

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Strava thinks I did a pair of centuries from my two day tour, but Garmin says only 99.73 miles total for Tuesday, July 18. Luckily I went beyond today and hit 106.28 miles to make seven months in 2017 and continue my streak to 79 consecutive months.

2. Likes Boomer2U, secstate, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

June Century - I did the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia in June. Wednesday was a "layover" day with optional rides up to a century. I broke a rear spoke about 60 miles in but was able to wrap it up and finish the ride.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1026870717

July Century - Took advantage of the dip in temperatures in humidity to get the century in. It was an all day affair with some HP laps, helping Komorebi lift a heavy glass table top, and a bike ride pool party with TwoWheelsDC.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1085433380

I'm on a 15 month century streak.

4. Likes Steve O, SarahBee, Boomer2U, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

August is done via the Reston Century, 80 consecutive months now.

6. Likes Boomer2U, Emm, Judd liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a 16 month Century streak, just a mere 6 years and 2 months behind Chris. I did two centuries in August

Hamstering around Hains Point for 100 Miles which was joined by Robyne and Erin on their way back from a Nats game:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1132433564

Surprise century with Erin in which we only discussed going to Green Lizard, and then "going a litter farther."
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1143954930

8. Likes Steve O, LeprosyStudyGroup, vern, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyndi and I really didn't plan to ride a century today before our five days/five rivers German bike tour, but we had a 12 hour mandatory evacuation to deal with a WWII era British bomb, so what else were we going to do? We combined elements of the GrunGurtel route with the Mainradweg to Hanau and Aschaffenburg and then hit three weinguts at the Frankfurt Rheingau Wein Festival, trying six different wines. 103.47 miles, and tomorrow we head out for about 230 miles over the five days.

10. Likes Boomer2U, Rod Smith, Sunyata, Judd, Steve O liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Cyndi and I really didn't plan to ride a century today before our five days/five rivers German bike tour, but we had a 12 hour mandatory evacuation to deal with a WWII era British bomb, so what else were we going to do? We combined elements of the GrunGurtel route with the Mainradweg to Hanau and Aschaffenburg and then hit three weinguts at the Frankfurt Rheingau Wein Festival, trying six different wines. 103.47 miles, and tomorrow we head out for about 230 miles over the five days.
    Best use of an unexpected evacuation EVER.

12. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got October done today by turning the "official" 53 mile route of Day One of the CIBA Hilly Hundred into a 100.34 mile ride, getting home just before the torrential rains came. I may stick to the "official" 54 mile route tomorrow. That is 10 of 10 months in 2017 and my 82nd consecutive month.

14. Likes sjclaeys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dia de los Muertos and time to ride (at least) your age on your birthday. Out and back on the W&OD with CBGAnimal with stops at Best Buns, Green Lizard Cycling, Bicycles and Coffee, Döner Bistro, 7-11 Reston, and Bikenetic. 103.16 miles making 11 months in 2017 and working on an 83 month consecutive strak.