Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Help With Organizing Bike Storage at My Condo

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help With Organizing Bike Storage at My Condo

Hi All,
    I live in a large apartment complex with 2 bike rooms filled with bikes with flat tires and an outdoor elementary school bike rack. Can anyone please give me a plan or guidelines for a rational bike policy for our condo association and maybe the latest in storage and racks?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

My apartment complex has a bike room too. In order to store a bike there residents are required to fill out a form identifying themselves and the bike's make/model/color, etc. They then receive a numbered sticker to place on the bike so management can identify who it belongs to. Any bikes without stickers are removed at regular intervals. Residents are required to renew their stickers on an annual basis (Jan 1 but there is a one month grace period). This has kept out abandoned bikes and generally kept the room well managed but we don't have enough spaces to meet demand :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks tim

Thank you very much. It will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks very much.

This will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    My apartment complex has a bike room too. In order to store a bike there residents are required to fill out a form identifying themselves and the bike's make/model/color, etc. They then receive a numbered sticker to place on the bike so management can identify who it belongs to. Any bikes without stickers are removed at regular intervals. Residents are required to renew their stickers on an annual basis (Jan 1 but there is a one month grace period). This has kept out abandoned bikes and generally kept the room well managed but we don't have enough spaces to meet demand :-(

Post Thanks / Like

If you are successful in getting a policy in place for removing abandoned bikes, please consider identifying a local bike nonprofit (i.e. Phoenix Bikes or Gearin' Up Bikes) to donate them to. Henry