Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: WANT TO HELP DC 2nd GRADERS RIDE BIKES?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default WANT TO HELP DC 2nd GRADERS RIDE BIKES?!?

Hello partners and friends in the community,

Revolution Cycles is proud to announce we are working with DCPS to provide bikes for all 2nd graders to ride as a part of their physical education curriculum!! We are ordering several hundred bicycles to be shipped and built before September 8th so the program can begin this coming school year.
    When the bikes are shipped, they arrive in boxes and need to be built. We are looking for volunteers to help us with this exciting (and daunting) task. We are looking for as many as 20 or 30 people to help us. No bike building experience required.
    Please send me an email if you are interested in lending us a hand and in what kind of capacity.
    Thanks so much,
    Katie Knight
    Katie@revolutioncycles.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea on timing and dates? Aka nights, weekends, and when in August/Sept?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Timing

Thanks so much for the question. I'm working with DCPS on timing. The bikes will be shipped to their warehouse, which is only open M-F. Currently it seems they will not be available to open the warehouse on a weekend day or in the evening, though I am trying to work with them on that as (of course) many more people are available during those times. It does not hurt to send me an email to let me know that you're interested. When I have specific dates, I'll then reach out to you and you can let me know if you're available. We're targeting the end of this month through the middle of August.
    Thanks again,
    Katie Knight

Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly interested... but if there isn't a non M-F 9-5 option, this office denizen is going to have to pass. Please do let us know when you learn something more though?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your interest. As soon as I know more, I'll post again. I have gotten several responses to my email, so those folks will get an email as well. Again, we're really excited and it's nice to see the positive volunteer response!