Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  1

Thread: Ride Mets-themed Citi Bike, win chance to throw 1st pitch at Mets-Nats Aug. 2 game

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride Mets-themed Citi Bike, win chance to throw 1st pitch at Mets-Nats Aug. 2 game

Citi Bike bikeshare in NYC now has 50 bikes with a NY Mets baseball theme and a related sweepstakes. Riders who post a photo of one of the Mets bikes on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #CitiBikeSweepstakes from July 1 to July 29 are eligible for the daily baseball-related prize drawing.

Prizes include items like NY Mets game tickets, backpacks and baseball hats. At the end of the sweepstakes, one participant will be selected to throw out the first pitch at the Mets-Nationals game on Sun. Aug. 2 at Citi Field. The sweepstakes is open to legal residents, 18 years or older, of the NYC-area states, plus residents of any of the 50 states and DC who visit NYC during the sweepstakes period.

I think it would be awesome if a Nats fan won the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at the game. So if you happen to visit NYC this month and see one of the Mets bikes, consider participating in the sweepstakes. And if you win, consider wearing a Nats jersey, a Capital Bikeshare cap, goDCgo (DDOT) ankle bands and a BikeArlington backpack when you throw out the first pitch. That would be awesome.

http://www.citigroup.com/citi/news/2015/150701b.htm
    http://mlb.mlb.com/instagram/sponsor...s.jsp?c_id=nym
    http://mlb.mlb.com/instagram/sponsor...s.jsp?c_id=nym
    Last edited by PotomacCyclist; 07-05-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, we lifelong Mets fans should win this!

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be an upset if a Nats fan won. There will probably be far more Mets fans riding Citi Bike this month. I like to root for the underdog (usually), so... Go Nats!

(I wonder what happens if a Yankees fan wins. Will that person try to wear a Yankees jersey on the mound?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    (I wonder what happens if a Yankees fan wins. Will that person try to wear a Yankees jersey on the mound?)
    BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!! No Skankees!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So you are saying that you would prefer to see a Nats fan win instead of a Yankees fan?

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    So you are saying that you would prefer to see a Nats fan win instead of a Yankees fan?
    The Yankees should always be beaten, by anyone (Second generation Yankee hater here - my mom was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, before they started winning)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so the consensus is Nats fan then.

#natitude

Post Thanks / Like

Hell no! Mets fan all the way! Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!!