Likes Likes:  108
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw them on my street! I yelled at them and cheered them on. I might have heckled a tiny bit. It looks like there are only about eight riders left, and they were moving really slowly. Kudos to them for sticking it out all the way to Falls Church; I think our street is mile ninety-something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    I just saw them on my street! I yelled at them and cheered them on. I might have heckled a tiny bit. It looks like there are only about eight riders left, and they were moving really slowly. Kudos to them for sticking it out all the way to Falls Church; I think our street is mile ninety-something.
    By then we had split into groups and some smaller groups got separated, also. You saw one of the groups. I think close to 40 of us finished.
    I was not in the group that you heckled; I got enough of that from my fellow riders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    I think that was the group the I was in with Pete, Rod and Cyndi. We were certainly grinding out those final miles.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    I think that was the group the I was in with Pete, Rod and Cyndi. We were certainly grinding out those final miles.
    I was there too, I think I may have heard the cheering. At the time I assumed it was just an enthusiastic bystander resident, but after reading this, it may have been dkel!

754 TSS points for me - almost 150 more than last year's Kill Bill (assuming the same FTP, which may or may not be correct). No wonder I'm tired.

Post Thanks / Like

We were certainly grinding out those final miles.

Major respect for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    I was there too, I think I may have heard the cheering. At the time I assumed it was just an enthusiastic bystander resident, but after reading this, it may have been dkel!

754 TSS points for me - almost 150 more than last year's Kill Bill (assuming the same FTP, which may or may not be correct). No wonder I'm tired.
    Yes, Will, you had joined our merry group at that time. Sorry to have left you out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay of Kill Bill here - especially cool to see when folks split off, hopped in, etc.. Also fun to watch the Social Ride move around.

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/...SpOY8UTp2SFA==

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay of Kill Bill here - especially cool to see when folks split off, hopped in, etc.. Also fun to watch the Social Ride move around.

This is awesome! And you can totally tell where and how often we stopped for food.

(Taking at least part of the social ride up Jay Miller was totally my Very Bad Idea...)
    Last edited by Tania; 07-13-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post

Very cool! I have to say, planning the social ride was the biggest ride planning challenge I've ever done... just because I was trying to regularly intersect the main ride to cheer (which meant guessing where they would be and when we could get there), as well as hit some quality food locations (and early on, hitting them after they opened for the day, since not much is open at 7am on a sunday!).

It worked far better than it had any right to. Especially since I did most of the mapping Saturday night. I don't think we waited anywhere for more than 10 minutes or so. We hit the top of 41st like 3 minutes before the group came through.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Will, you had joined our merry group at that time. Sorry to have left you out.
    And my exhaustion addled mind also forgot that Subby was with us too.