Likes Likes:  108
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I signed up for the ride on Facebook, but am recovering from an injury so don't believe that I'll be able to complete the whole ride. But I'm happy to join the cheering section after I bonk.

Post Thanks / Like

The crazyest part of this wild and crazy ride is that, in sculpting it to fit within the Lake Barcroft neighborhood, you've created an insane cross between a labyrinth and a maze. Rally notes needed, lol...

Ah, but if even if you're lost, you'll never be out of zip code...

These old legs *might* show up... just don't expect a century from me.
    Last edited by Starduster; 07-11-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't checked the route, but I hope you go past my house (Broyhill Crest neighborhood). I have a 2-block 12% grade in one direction, and a three-block 6% grade in the other. Good for hill repeats in the wintertime

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of new information in the Facebook Event. Go out and read if you have some time.

https://www.facebook.com/events/426712224172627/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
    I've been volunteered!

I'll be running (er, helping run, because Tania isn't getting totally off the hook for this ) the social ride that coincides with KB. Haven't had time to really examine the loop, but it will likely closely track the ride Cyndi did last year. Plan on 35ish miles, some cheering, some eating of ice cream, and a lot of "I'm glad I'm not doing the whole thing".

Post up if you're interested, because I'd certainly like to get a rough head count.

We Kill Bill idiots are hoping for a great cheering/social squad. Jabbo - Any information your fellow KBSR group needs to know? Or tips, etc.? I think kwarkentien (and others likely, too) are seeking guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    We Kill Bill idiots are hoping for a great cheering/social squad. Jabbo - Any information your fellow KBSR group needs to know? Or tips, etc.? I think kwarkentien (and others likely, too) are seeking guidance.
    Meet at same time and place as the main ride. The whole ride will last all day. Plan on 40ish miles with lots of food stops. I'll try and post a loose ridewithgps route tonite. I've had a busy week and haven't done a lot of planning, so things will likely be pretty loose.

Post Thanks / Like

As payback for nominating him KB Social Ride leader, jabs made me the Helper Monkey.

We both plan on riding from start to finish (starting and finishing with the main group) so anyone who wants to bail on the full ride is welcome to join up with the social ride. He'll be posting the route later but we'll both be checking out phones periodically and will have Find My Friends installed (that might be iPhone to iPhone specific though).

You can message either of us though during the ride and we'll tell you where we are or where we're heading.

We'll also have extra sunscreen, first aid kits and Advil. Although I may lecture you about the dangers of mixing Advil with endurance events before giving you any.

Post Thanks / Like

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any actual riding on the "social ride" or is it just eating????

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time, everybody.