Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mens vs Womens models: is there really much difference??

Post Thanks / Like

Ran up to UMD and tried the Sirrus from CL. XL Mens size.
    It was perfect, and in beautiful shape. Seller [great guy] kept it at UMD to move around the campus, which accounts for the low miles. Came with a nice rack and panniers, which will come in handy for a C&O camping trip!
    So, she is off an running but one challenge remains. She needs a girl saddle. Man saddle is hard on the lady parts even with bike shorts on. Its a flat bar, so she is not right over in the drops like a road bike position. Any suggestions from you grrls out there on good saddles to try?
    Much appreciated. I cant really test this aspect of the bike.
    Last edited by APKhaos; 06-06-2015 at 08:46 AM.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

She may benefit from a new saddle - try Terry- but the seat height and forward-backward position are important too. She might not need a new saddle, or if she gets one, it still might not work if she doesn't get it in just the right spot.

Amalitza Guest

I have a fair collection of different widths, padding levels, and shapes if she's near Alexandria and wants to try some. Mine are almost all one or another of specialized's models, so limited in respect of brand, but a reasonable variety of what kinds of differences there are in models/types. Some of them I would part with for zero dollars, too, if she liked one.

Post Thanks / Like

You are an angel, Amalitza. Will pm to find a time that works for you, and will bring the bike and the rider as well. She was a bit tentative about taking her bottom into a bike shop to try saddles, so I'm sure she will be thrilled at the chance to figure it out with a woman who has been there and done that. Many thanks!