Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  7
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pit stop tasting notes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phatboing View Post
    There was also a really loud singer, singing into a really loud microphone attached to really loud speakers. Conversations were impossible, and we couldn't hang out for more than a few.
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

Del Ray @6:30 AM had warm cookies from The Happy Tart--a gluten free bake shop that I ADORE (even though I can eat gluten). This was the best start of the day EVER, and the Velocity staff handed me a chain cleaning tool for wearing pink, so that was a total win. I had some coffee and powerade too and snagged a water bottle.

Crystal City: Not much going on. Confirmation that I got a sweet crystal city jersey. I had a bagel and more coffee, and got my t-shirt. Met KWL, who I creeped up behind on Crystal Drive for the 2nd day this week (so I finally said hello vs being a total creeper).

Columbia Island: total fail.

Rosslyn: Nice and busy. Had more coffee and some kind bars and a banana. I skipped the bagels, which I regret a little right now since I'm hungry again. Got quietly handed a women's sleeveless jersey from the Diabetes Ride person. A little big, but I desperately need a sleeveless jersey this was a serious win. They also had the car free diet t-shirts in a size S this year, so that was a win since I really like the design. Also got some sweet bike arlington socks, and ~4 more water bottles, and a t-shirt for my fiance from Potomac Peddlers. And more coffee.

Freedom Plaza: more water bottles, random AAA light up stuff, snagged a a t-shirt for my fiance. And had more coffee. Person who won the bike was 2 raffle tickets after me, so I was sad

At work now, with more coffee thanks to my coworker. I'm almost shaking from the caffeine, I feel AWESOME.

And I now have 8 water bottles (which I'm slowly giving away at the office).

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post

How did the jersey taste? (note: "like victory" is an acceptable answer)
    Like pure gold...the color of my winning ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    There were a lot of people having a good time, but honestly the traffic cones in the middle of the trail were dangerous.
    Dread and I almost got in a fight with Officer Friendly from the falls church police department. Phil from bikentic moved the cones every time the office walked away. Hopefully there wasn't a wreck there.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I just piled on after you almost got in a fight and told him that it will be on him when there's an accident.

Post Thanks / Like

DKel has already mentioned most of the stops, but:

We also got a lecture from Officer Friendly, um.
    I was promised U-Locks at EFC!! We've got some new bikes in the family that need locks!! #greedy
    I received NO water bottles this year.

The Tysons stop was OK. I hit that close to 9:00 when the singer was wrapping up. They did have a photo booth, so I got a photo strip of my-bike-and-me. A little odd, but nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling massively gypped right now.

(No offense to any gypsies out there. )

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    EFC (where I was registered), didn't get set up until 7am, so that put me behind in my tour, but I caught up with Dismal there and we hit Ballston and Shirlington, where I won a BikeArlington jersey!
    Are you going to post the pic you took of me behind your back?

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pit stop tasting notes

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Are you going to post the pic you took of me behind your back?
    Was actually shooting forward:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattAune View Post
    Dread and I almost got in a fight with Officer Friendly from the falls church police department. Phil from bikentic moved the cones every time the office walked away. Hopefully there wasn't a wreck there.
    Having to swerve in order to get through a very narrow opening with constant two-way traffic is just bonkers. Half the people passing through veered around one side or the other just to avoid it (which was the safest thing to do).