Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the freedom plaza stop worth going to?

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

What do they have at Rosslyn? I've never stopped by the Rosslyn pit stop before.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the people watching is quite good. And you can heckle AAA Mid-Atlantic at their table!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    What do they have at Rosslyn? I've never stopped by the Rosslyn pit stop before.
    Last year they had lots and lots of mud. Oh, and water. And some slog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    We got our shipment of swag from Trek/Bontrager in yesterday! It came in about 17 boxes...

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

You could hand AAA some of those green or orange bike pins.

Sort of like in a situation I saw many years ago at the old downtown Burger King. (I don't think the Burger King still exists and I don't really eat at burger places any more.) I was standing in line when the young woman in front of me climbed onto the counter and started shouting, "This restaurant is being shut down for cruelty to animals!" She repeated this over and over. The manager came out and helped an employee to get the woman safely back down to the floor. However, when a man stood up there as part of the protest, the manager yanked the guys ankle and caused him to come crashing down.

The police arrived and handcuffed the woman. (They did not beat her or treat her roughly. There were also a lot of witnesses around.) As the woman was lying there on the ground, a homeless guy (I assumed he was homeless because he had a scruffy large beard, disheveled clothing and rags and a very messy appearance) leaned over to her calmly and said, "Ma'am, can I offer you a hamburger?"
    Last edited by PotomacCyclist; 05-14-2015 at 01:08 PM.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    We got our shipment of swag from Trek/Bontrager in yesterday! It came in about 17 boxes...
    BA is, er, cough, um.... supporting the Shirlington stop too, right???????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    BA is, er, cough, um.... supporting the Shirlington stop too, right???????
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    hmm, maybe I re-route and do del ray, crystal city, rosslyn to work (SW DC) since I am more focused on the swag side of things. If I take my road bike, this is do-able, esp if I just give up and admit I'll be 15-20 min late to work. If I leave home by 6:30 this is totally a possibility.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend just sent me this:

-----Original Message-----
    From: pressrelease-request@wmata-ealert.lists-wmata.com [mailtoressrelease-request@wmata-ealert.lists-wmata.com] On Behalf Of Metro News
    Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:33 AM
    To: Metro News
    Subject: Metro to support Bike to Work day with multiple "pitstop" events, free U-locks

Bike to Work Day is tomorrow -- a day when Metro joins Commuter Connections, the Washington Area Bicyclist Association and more than 13,000 commuters for a celebration of bicycling as a clean, fun and healthy way to get to work.

This year, Metro will host Bike to Work Day pit stops at Fort Totten, College Park and East Falls Church stations. Riders can stop by the pit stop during the morning at Fort Totten or East Falls Church, or during the evening commute at College Park-U of Md. for free t-shirts and other giveaways, maps, safety tips and a bus bike rack demonstration.

In addition, Metro Transit Police will be at the pitstops, along with King Street and Braddock Road stations, to distribute free U-locks to cyclists who register their bikes. To sign up, or for more information on these and other pit stops, visit biketoworkmetrodc.org.

For more information, please see the news release:
    http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/new...ReleaseID=5925

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love swag, since this will be my first multiple pit stop BTWD, and I will be my usual not fast self on my hybrid, I will stick to the three pit stops that are along my route - Shirlington, Crystal City (for the jersey) and Canal Park (where I am registered, and for the picture with the Secretary, of course) Rosslyn sounds great - maybe next year.