Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Top 6 Reasons You Need To Come to Bike to Work Day in Arlington

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Top 6 Reasons You Need To Come to Bike to Work Day in Arlington


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    2,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    I certainly plan on doing so! I will visit the new Shirlington pit stop, the Penrose Square pit stop, and the Ballston pit stop since I work in Ballston. My boss offered me the day off, but I told him that it wouldn't make sense to not actually go to work on Bike to Work Day!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Formerly of the Pike where I was hit twice in bike-friendly Arlington. Now in Takoma Park.
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It would have been great to have some spontaneous promotion of BTWD to the miserable masses streaming out of the metro stations this morning and staring at their phones hopelessly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How can I find out which pit stop I registered for? There's a placeholder for it in my confirmation email but it's blank. I'd like to think I registered for Merrifield (since it's right by me) but somehow I think I chose one of the falls church stops.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    How can I find out which pit stop I registered for? There's a placeholder for it in my confirmation email but it's blank. I'd like to think I registered for Merrifield (since it's right by me) but somehow I think I chose one of the falls church stops.
    If you have any issues with registration you should email the folks at WABA.

  6. #6
    PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I certainly plan on doing so! I will visit the new Shirlington pit stop, the Penrose Square pit stop, and the Ballston pit stop since I work in Ballston. My boss offered me the day off, but I told him that it wouldn't make sense to not actually go to work on Bike to Work Day!
    The key part is the bike part, especially if you already bike to work habitually. I would take him up on the offer for a day off.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    How can I find out which pit stop I registered for? There's a placeholder for it in my confirmation email but it's blank. I'd like to think I registered for Merrifield (since it's right by me) but somehow I think I chose one of the falls church stops.
    You'll want to make sure it's cleared up, wouldn't want to miss the snazzy t shirt!

    Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    The key part is the bike part, especially if you already bike to work habitually. I would take him up on the offer for a day off.
    Is this is a bonus day off or just a regular leave day? If the latter I'd save it for the bleh months later in the year. Nobody can feel bleh on bike to work day! (Or even boat to work day!)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    2,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    The key part is the bike part, especially if you already bike to work habitually. I would take him up on the offer for a day off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    Is this is a bonus day off or just a regular leave day? If the latter I'd save it for the bleh months later in the year. Nobody can feel bleh on bike to work day! (Or even boat to work day!)
    To answer both comments, I am one of the organizers of my office bike team/group at work (GB is the other organizer, and our office is in Ballston). In our organizing, we plan to have people meet up at the Buzz Bakery in Ballston (cater-corner from the Ballston pit stop at Freshbikes) for breakfast. I plan on biking first to the Shirlington and Penrose Square pit stops just for fun (the Shirlington one is new, and I just found out that the Penrose Square one will have Acme Pie Co. pies!) before getting to Ballston.

    I bike to work everyday in all weather, but before I brag I must point out the following: 1) I'm single, 2) I'm childless (a cat doesn't count as a child), and 3) I live less than a mile from work, so things are a lot easier for me commuting by bike. I did get a sort of bonus day, but I told my boss I'd rather use it on another day (save it up for a 3 or 4-day weekend type of trip). I'm also a bit pragmatic about actually going to work for BTWD because I'd feel mean about showing up and saying, "Well, you all have a nice day at work, I'm going to go biking now!" At the very least, I will probably be coming in to work at 9 when normally I am at work by 7:30, so I do get a "brief" vacation

  9. #9
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm going to bike on bike to work day and I don't have to go to work for 11 more weeks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbia Pike
    Posts
    1,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Columbia Pike Pit Stop is going to have delicious, delicious Acme Pie. Just saying.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •