Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1

Thread: Iwo Jima to get a facelift

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Iwo Jima to get a facelift

Reported on ARLNow. Any hope they could use a couple thousand to repave the road and fix the bike connection between Marshall and Meade.

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe a couple million to build a connection from Iwo Jima to the dead-end downstream TR Bridge?

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Iwo Jima to get a facelift

Are they finally going to get rid of the extra extremities?
    Last edited by ShawnoftheDread; 04-29-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Yes I'm kidding.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Rubinstein could also fund the complete overhaul of Memorial Circle and Columbia Island. The best proposal involved moving all of the road lanes over to the western part of the island, freeing up most of the eastern part for safer bike/pedestrian trails and connections near Memorial Bridge.

He appears to favor grand projects that are visible and prominent. Well, Memorial Circle is certainly prominent and highly visible. It lies between Arlington National Cemetery and the Lincoln Memorial. Millions of visitors travel through that area every year, and many local residents use the Mount Vernon Trail.

Sounds like a good fit for him, for the National Park Service and for Arlington County.