Likes Likes:  1,112
Dislikes Dislikes:  13
ELITE ELITE:  42
Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,282 of 1282

Thread: e-Bikes - Let's talk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Arlington County Board vote to pass the Micromobility Ordinance. ebikes that meet Virginia state definition of a power assisted electric bicycle (up to 1,000w, 25mph) are permitted to ride on County multi use trails, 20mph trail speed limit, but also a new 6mph speed limit applies to ebikes riding on County sidewalks, and no sidewalk riding where a PBL is in place https://newsroom.arlingtonva.us/rele...te-e-scooters/
    It says all these devices require a speedometer, which is not too cheap an add-on. Also I would be curious about using a speedometer with an electric skateboard. I guess you would have to carry it while riding or use a wearable.

Either way, that probably opens a fair bit of liability if you are at fault in an accident and donÂ’t have one or canÂ’t prove you were under the speed limit.
    Last edited by zsionakides; 11-17-2019 at 09:28 AM.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zsionakides View Post
    It says all these devices require a speedometer, which is not too cheap an add-on. Also I would be curious about using a speedometer with an electric skateboard. I guess you would have to carry it while riding or use a wearable.
    The proposed ordinance only required speedometers on the shared devices. I don't know if they amended on dias (haven't watched yet), but I don't read Virginia's law to allow give them that authority. Of course, I don't see where they get the authority for the speed lmiit or sidewalk ban for ebikes so...